- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsThoroughbred Past Performances
ReportsPremium NewsDigital PapersHorsemen's Products
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Equibase PPs
- TrackMaster PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- DRF TV
- StorePast Performances
- Compare all DRF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF Classic PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Expanded Closer Looks
- Equibase & Trackmaster PPs - Thoroughbred
Mohawk: Tuesday 7/14 Analysis
Race 4 - $50,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
EARLY PICK 4:
1,3,7/8/4,5,7/1,2,5 = $27
LATE PICK 4: 2,4,8,9/2,4,6,9/2,4/6,9 = $64
MEET STATS: 165 - 538 / $963.00 BEST BETS: 20 - 48 / $71.10 SPOT PLAYS: 6 - 48 / $53.20
Best Bet: ROCK ME AMASTREOS (5th)
Spot Play: SEAWIND KERRY (4th)
(5) MAGIC BABE has already won in a higher class at Balmoral - his 2nd win in as many tries - now moves into Menary's barn for his WEG debut and picks up the stable's main driver. This daughter of Muscle Mass looks solid here but will likely be bet off the board. (4) AUGUSTUS MCCREA closed fastest to nab the place spot behind a big winner. This one's good late speed should come into play again here. (8) A SHOCKER showed improved late speed last time but was way too far back to contend. He could be along late to grab a slice here.
(1) PEG is related to nine winners from nine that have raced including two full brothers that won 34 races between them and earned in excess of $800K. This daughter of Dragon Again motored home in her lone qualifier and is sure to take lots of action at the windows here. (2) ROCKNROLL VISION is also well-related being a 1/2 sister to Armbro Animate ($1.3 million, 1:50 1/5) and Artistic Vision ($644K, 1:50 2/5). The filly that she finished third to in her second qualifier was a winner in quick time in her debut and this one should be ready to do some damage. (8) VINTAGE BABE, a $25K yearling purchase, is from the first crop of Vintage Master who has had a few impressive winners at this meet already; beware.
(7) CHIVAREE HANOVER won at this level three back then stepped out of a class range where she could be competitive. She stands a much better chance here; top call. (10) GWALLY floated out last time looking for a spot in the top 5 but all the holes closed quickly and he was hung the mile. He can go better here if he can find a spot early. (3) KEYSTONE TREVOR closed well last week for third and may be getting closer to that elusive first win of the season now.
(3) SEAWIND KERRY was sold to new interests on June 17 and showed little in two subsequent starts over Grand River. In her July 4 qualifier, however, she went much faster than ever before; call to upset. Both (7) BLACK WIDOW BABY and (1) BLACK QUEEN figure highly on paper as they always seem to, but both are quickly turning into money burners. It's tough to accept a low price on either.
(8) ROCK ME AMASTREOS twice won easily at the class level above this one in his 6th and 8th starts back then was forced to race over his head. With the class plunge, Drury is sure to have this one rattling off the gate on a speed mission; top call and pick 4 single. (3) JOSHUA MY BOY took big support at the windows but couldn't threaten a speedy winner. He can be closer here in his third start back from a break. (4) SANTANNA BLUE CHIP has been racing much better at 10 years old than he did last year and is a threat from close range.
(7) GAME ON HANOVER got in all kinds of traffic problems last week and as a result couldn't get close enough to threaten late. She should be out in the flow tonight and vaulting up off cover late, as has been typical with her. (5) BIG RICH stole an easy 1/2 last week and took his second win in his past three starts. He is the obvious one to knock off here. (4) INNER PEACE has also taken two of his last three and set or stalked solid splits while doing so; another contender.
(1) CROWN ISLE engaged in a crazy game of give-and-go early last time which resulted in him setting fractions that were way too fast. He did beat the one he dueled with early by 16 lengths in the end and he only tired late. One would expect a more patient drive and better result here; top call. (2) LITTLE QUICK is one of few in here that can fire off a rapid final 1/4. If there is any mid-race battling he will be the beneficiary. (5) BOLERO TRISCO won in very good time over Clinton's half-miler in only his second start for trainer Shepherd. Keep him on your early pick 4 tickets.
(8) VELOCITY DRIVEN is a bit of a risky play here coming off a vet scratch - sick, but he has faced much better recently and wasn't embarrassed. He will be very tough in here if he can produce something close to his best. (9) FRIDAYNIGHTFLIGHT returns from an excursion to Grand River with a win and a placing. He has been competitive in these classes here before and rates highly in this group. (4) MACHS BOY has raced solidly on the B tracks all season and his sharpness should be respected.
(9) WESTERN CAPTIVE took a new life's mark at Sarnia in June then was a vet scratch and returned with a good tightener in the top class at Grand River. He may try to go right down the road here and is worth a stab at a price. (4) HOPIESDRGNINTHEDO chased some wicked fractions out of town in his return to Ontario and stands a better chance here. (2) SUNNY BEACH DAY gets class relief here and is likely to share but is hard to love on the win end with his record.
(2) VEGAS ROCKS has found a home in conditioned claimers and was haltered from his third straight win by a trainer that is deadly with new acquisitions; slight nod. (4) INTENDED STYLE motored away to a new life's mark in his first start off the claim for Auciello. He is the obvious one to upend but is likely to be over bet off that blowout win. (1) KEYSTONE DALTON drops and is an exacta factor here likely from a following trip.
(6) NEW YORK NIGHTMARE was an impressive winner in this class in his first start over Mohawk, setting solid splits and finishing fast. He is the one to beat here. (9) WILD BILL M showed little interest until late in the same dash but did pace a quick final 1/4. He should improve off that effort. (2) ELECTRIC WESTERN closed from far back for third and is a sharp contender but may find the first two a bit tough. (7) R U MACHIN was a big winner two back then showed little from the 9-hole last time. He can share here if he leaves a bit better for position. (4) MITCHELL BLUE CHIP was a following second to the choice last time and could better this placing.