- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Mohawk: Thursday 7/11 Analysis
By Greg Gangle
Race 4 - $75,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet: PRIZED FIGHTER (6th)
Spot Play: SILVER DRAGON (10th)
(4) BURNING SHORE has been very consistent this season and comes into this race off a winning note. He's very versatile and a short field only helps his chances. (2) NICKLE BAG draws inside and gets post relief. He shows enough speed for this class and has been pacing very credible miles. (7) TERROR HIGH comes out of Ryder's barn, which has been terrific at Mohawk. This horse has a good record this season and might offer a price.
(4) TOUGHS LEGACY comes out of the Norman barn and qualified very well both times. She draws inside and based on her latest qualifier, I feel she can win at first asking. (9) DONTCHEATONMENOW did all the work on the front last week before finishing second. He minds his manners, has gate speed and is very capable of overcoming the outside post. (8) BRITISH STEEL raced well in his career debut with a good final frame. He shows enough trot and appears to mind his manners.
(5) AHDOUGHNOLUM has been racing much better in recent weeks and is fresh off a win. It appears he races at his best when he's put into the race. (2) SCOTT ROCKS has the speed to be very competitive in this class. He's got a great record this season and I'm going to dismiss his latest line, he got away too far back. (1) MANCHESTER draws the rail and although he doesn't like to win, he's a good option for the triactor. He might offer a fair price
(7) MATTYS BIG DAY is fresh off a win, moves onto this circuit and has a terrific record this season. I think she can make the transition onto this circuit a winning one. (8) PRESIDENTIAL STOCK got interfered with in her latest start and the start before she displayed a winning effort. She comes out of the Gillis barn and should be even better in her third career effort. (1) KAMKAR KUTIE draws inside and raced well last week to finish fifth at high odds. She'll need a trip and should provide a price.
(1) MACH IT A PAR is a perfect two-for-two to start her career and moves onto this circuit. She looked exceptional in her latest and will attract a lot of attention in here. (5) MAGNA BLUE CHIP has enough speed to be very competitive in this maiden level. She raced well last start, moved onto this circuit and comes out of Moreau's barn. (9) ISLAND VIEW hasn't won a race yet this year, but has only missed the board once from six starts. She's a good option for the tracitor.
(4) PRIZED FIGHTER moves up in class, but he put in a terrific effort in his latest. He overcame the outside en route to a convincing score. (3) RENEWAL NOTICE has only missed the board once from six starts and comes out of Lorentzon's barn. He's very versatile and draws inside. (1) BEYOND SANITY added Lasix last week and that proved to help. He draws inside and with a repeat effort, he can hit the board.
(7) ROCKIN WIZARD hasn't won in quite some time, but I'm still going to put him on top. He comes from top connections and was only beaten by a neck last start. (4) SUNNY BEACH DAY draws inside and won last week in 1:51 2/5. He's at the same class and very capable. (2) JOSHUA MY BOY draws inside and finished top three last week at this level. He continues to improve.
(4) SEA HARRIER scoped sick in his latest according to driver/co-owner MacDonald. He draws much better in here and should be closer to the front. (2) CRUIJFF draws inside and hasn't missed the board yet this season. He's a good option for the exactor. (5) RUSSO SEELSTER closed extremely well in his latest start, going from ninth-to-second. A repeat effort makes him a top contender.
(4) SAMIRA HANOVER put forth a convincing qualifying effort in a speedy time by 20 lengths. She certainly has the speed, but the question remains if she can mind her manners. (6) HOBSONS CHOICE raced very well last start and closed strong with a lot of trot. I like his chances in here. (9) FANFAN DREAM won last start at Grand River in comfortable fashion. I think she's ready to step up her game on this circuit.
(6) SILVER DRAGON comes out of the McMaster barn and that's the main reason for my selection. His barn has been terrific in recent weeks and this one may offer a fair price. (7) WILDCAT ART has hit the board in each of his last three starts and was recently timed in 1:51. That type of effort makes him a key player. (2) FRESH HERB has raced well all season and should provide a price. I just hope he doesn't get away too far back.
(8) LUCAN HANOVER ships onto this circuit and has been racing well in his six starts this season. He comes out of Coleman's barn, which cannot be overlooked. (7) KING RICHARD has only tasted defeat once from six starts this season. He's an obvious choice to have in here. (6) DULL ROAR has hit the board in each of his last two starts and is very capable once again. He's very versatile and comes out of Gillis' barn.
(5) OK FABULOUS has been racing well this season and comes out of Moreau's barn. He has the speed and finished second in this class last week. (3) CAN HE GO comes out of Austin's barn, which has been terrific in 2013. This horse in winless from seven starts, but has the gate speed and will look for the correct trip. (7) KEYSTONE CAMARO will make his third start of the season and closed very well last week. He draws a little better and will likely race from the back again.
- 1.Posted 12/10/2013 02:23PM
- 2.Posted 12/09/2013 01:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/10/2013 02:25PM
- 4.Posted 12/10/2013 01:46PM
- 5.Posted 12/10/2013 01:42PM