- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsThoroughbred Past Performances
ReportsPremium NewsDigital PapersHorsemen's Products
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Equibase PPs
- TrackMaster PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- DRF TV
- StorePast Performances
- Compare all DRF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF Classic PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Expanded Closer Looks
- Equibase & Trackmaster PPs - Thoroughbred
Mohawk: Thursday 6/6 Analysis
Race 4 - $75,000 Guaranteed Pick Four
Best Bet (4 - 8 / $12): REQUEST FOR PAROLE
Spot Play: ONTARIO SUCCESS
(9) MAJESTIC GINGER finished second in a very credible time at Kawartha Downs to begin his career. He’s certainly capable of dropping more time on this circuit, gets Waples in the bike and Steacy has a great reputation with young horses. (2) TAG UP AND GO trotted a strong mile last week considering it was his first start of the year. He draws well and I expect him to be even better. (5) UP FRONT N CRAZY hasn’t hit the board yet in 2013, but he draws well once again, shows enough trot and should get a cleaner trip than last week.
(9) PART TIME LADY scored a very comfortable win last week for first time trainer Winacott. This mare remains at the same level and even with an outside post, she’s the one to beat. (5) FLYUSTOTHEMOON closed very well last week with a good final quarter. She was strong at the end of the mile and draws better along with a having good record. (10) JENNA CASIMIR went the fastest time of any of her rivals in their most recent start as she won in 1:52 3/5. She does have post 10 and doesn’t get off-the-gate the best, but she’s very capable providing where she’s positioned early in the mile.
(3) SONNEWALD draws inside and has been knocking on the door at this maiden level. He comes out of the Moreau barn, draws inside and has displayed enough speed to win. (1) CANBEC KADENCE has hit the board in each of her two starts this season. She draws inside, has provided value and is very capable. (2) FATHERS AMIGA gets post relief and should be much better placed in the early stages. She closed very well last week and should be even better in her third start of the campaign.
(2) BLISSFULL BRO is five-for-five this season including a victory last week in this class. He put forth a terrific effort, draws inside and has tremendous closing speed. (5) MCKINNEY did all the work on the front last week en route to victory from a post nine start. He comes out of Moreau’s barn and remains at the same level. (4) GALLANT SEELSTER is a good option for the triactor. He’ll likely offer a low price as he’s been consistent in recent starts and finishes his miles very strong.
(2) WATCH FOR RHYTHM draws inside and scored a comfortable win last week. That marked her first start of the season and although she moves up in class, I feel she’s still the horse to beat after last week’s effort. (8) ARMSTEAD KYRA has been knocking on the door at this level in both her two starts this season. She continues to drop time and comes from a very good trotting barn. (9) YOU ROCK MY WORLD has only missed the board once from four starts this season and shows enough trot. This is a lighter field than he’s been competing against and he should be very competitive.
(3) REQUEST FOR PAROLE draws inside and qualified very well. She did all the work on the front and that bodes well for her first career start. (2) STONEBRIDGE ADORE draws inside and also qualified well with a good final frame. She’s very capable coming out of McNair’s barn. (10) NET JET might be considered a longshot from a post 10 start, but she’s very versatile and this isn’t a deep field. I’m hoping for a price.
(7) BEEEYOUUUUUU hasn’t missed the board in five starts, including three wins. He cruised to a comfortable win last week and stays at the same level. (2) BORDEAUXS BEST might be considered a chancy play, but he draws inside and qualified well last week. He’s only missed the board once from five starts this season. (6) GENTLEMAN FRIEND finished third at a higher level last week and drops in class. That makes him a top contender along with his recent 1:51 3/5 latest time.
(8) STARLITE KID was very impressive last week in his first start of the season. He’s got a great record overall and remains at the same class. (7) NICKLE BAG has started off 2013 in fine form and continues to improve. He’s a good option to consider for the exactor at this level. (1) BETTER THAN YOU draws the rail and closed very well last week. He’ll likely be popular among horseplayers and is an obvious choice for the triactor.
(2) MONARCH SEELSTER has a great record this season and has proven to be a top contender in this class. She’s very capable and comes from a good barn. (4) REMSHEG JULIAN also has a great record this season and comes from a high percentage trainer. He’s been no worse than second in four of his last five starts. (9) ILL BE THERE found the winner’s circle last week after returning to the Montini stable. He did all the work on the front from post 10 and provided a terrific price.
(6) ONTARIO SUCCESS seems like a chancy horse to put on top, but I’m going to take a chance that O’Sullivan has him figured out. If he minds his manners, he has enough speed to win at this level. (1) SWEET COLT OF MINE draws inside and continues to drop time. He enjoys being put into the race early, so a post one start is encouraging. (3) BADLANDS SHADOW qualified well and may offer a price in his first start of the season. He draws well and gets Waples in the bike.
(8) WARRAWEE OLAY qualified well and appears like she’s ready to win at first asking in 2013. She dropped time in both qualifiers and that should continue. (9) CARDIO PUMP draws outside, but hasn’t missed the board in both starts this season. He shows gate-speed and comes out of Steacy’s barn. (10) VALLEY GLIDER was been assigned post 10, but shows tremendous gate-speed and won his qualifier by over 15 lengths.
(5) MCGAIN N MCGAIN was hard-used to earn the front last week and the translated into a fourth-place finish. She won the week before and once again draws well. (2) AMERICAN GRACE draws inside and enjoys racing from off-the-pace. She closes very well and has hit the board in both her two previous starts. (6) TAYLORLANE FANCY scored a very impressive win at Western Fair by over 11 lengths. She makes the move onto this circuit, but shows enough speed that she can hit the board.