- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Mohawk: Saturday 6/29 Analysis
By Greg Gangle
Race 4 - $75,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (4 - 8 / $12.00): ARI ALLSTAR (2nd)
Spot Play: LEAFS AND WINGS (13th)
(1) ROCKIN WITH DEWEY faces easier competition and draws well. She also gets post relief and has displayed enough speed to win this dash. (5) VALLEY GLIDER has put together a pair of solid efforts so far this season. He moves up in class, but is a good option for the exactor. (6) CHOCOLATE SLIDE was won two straight and most recently in very impressive fashion. That should translate into a credible effort in here.
(1) ARI ALLSTAR draws inside and is fresh off a terrific qualifier. He comes out of the Gillis barn and appears ready to win first start. (2) NAKED CITY also draws well and qualified very well. He shows enough speed and appears versatile. (6) LUCK BE WITHYOU won his qualifying effort in a good time. He's also a half brother to American Jewel ($1.8 million).
(6) DESIGNER GENES draws much better and has terrific closing speed. If she's in the hunt at the three-quarter pole, she's got a terrific shot. (5) BLOODSTOCKSHALLTAB has a terrific record this season and returns to this circuit. He shows the speed and comes out of Wallace's barn, which is a plus. (7) OUR MOJO is a horse that doesn't like to win, but is a 'must have' for the triactor. His record speaks for itself this season.
(8) ROCK ME AMASTREOS moves into the O'Sullivan barn and that's the main reason for my selection. He finished third in this class last week and I think he can improve on the barn change. (10) R GAUWITZ HANOVER has been drawing poorly in recent starts and this week is no different. He's got the speed and is versatile, but will need the correct trip. (7) HILARIOUS HALO drops in class and won two starts ago. He's a good candidate for the triactor as he's paced in sub-1:51 in each of his last four starts.
(1) DAPPER DUDE now has a pair of qualifiers under his belt and I think he's ready to drop significant time. He gets into a fairly easy class compared to what he's been facing last season. (5) IDEAL RACE has back-class and is very capable in here. He tends to be inconsistent and may provide a price. (8) DRAIN DADDY put in a sub-par effort last week, but hit the board in three starts prior. I'm looking for a rebound effort.
(5) GREYSTONE LADYLIKE did all the work on the front last start en route to victory. She's got a terrific record this season and might offer a fair price like last week. (8) VOELZ HANOVER is a millionaire with a ton of back-class. She can't be overlooked in this class and her recent performances. (1) UNRED HANOVER continues to improve on this circuit. She draws inside and I think she can be even better.
(6) SUNSHINE BEACH comes out of the North America Cup and into this class. He's a sophomore racing against older horses, but he draws better, likely will race from off-the-pace and has a terrific closing kick. (1) MACH DREAMER might offer a price, but he draws better and has the speed to be effective in this class. He's got back-class and draws post one. (3) ODYSSEUS BLUECHIP gets much needed post relief and has been very effective in his starts prior to last weeks’ outside post. He was timed in a speedy 1:48 4/5 just three starts ago.
(5) SILVER EAGLE won his division last week in a speedy 1:50. He did get the correct trip he needed, but he draws well again and gets the Wallace/Waples combination. (10) RHOMBUS draws outside, but shows gate-speed and comes out of Alagna's barn. He doesn't have the best record this season, but it's hard to overlook his 1:51 winning effort last week. (3) ASTUTE draws well and finished second last start, beaten only a neck. He's a good option to consider for the triactor.
(9) CAMAES FELLOW has won four of his last five starts, all in sub-1:50 fashion. Even with a post nine start, he'll likely be the favourite. (4) STATE TREASURER didn't get the best drive last week and now gets the services of Davis, Jr. He draws well, certainly has enough speed and is very capable. (3) MICHAELS POWER put forth a good effort last week considering it was his first start off the shelf. I'd expect him to be even better this week.
(4) THE LADIES MAN set a new lifetime best last week and once again draws inside. The same driving tactics will likely be applied once again and he'll likely be the favourite. (5) FRANKIES DRAGON raced very well last week, beaten only by a slim margin. He's been on top of his game in his last few outings. (6) BESTINTHEBUSINESS finished second in this event last week, timed in 1:50 1/5. A repeat effort and he should hit the board.
(1) SHIPPS XPECTANCY draws the rail and has won two straight coming into this contest. He has terrific gate-speed along with a very good record this season. (4) EVENING JOB moves back to this circuit and comes out of Demers barn. He's at a level where he's been very competitive. (5) GARETH NORRIR wasn't at his best last start and doesn't like to win, but is a very good option for the triactor. He also comes out of Moreau's barn.
(7) PROSECCO BRUT moves up in class, but after his recent winning effort, I feel he's capable in here. He has quick gate-speed and is fresh off a lifetime best performance. (6) GUTSY GREG wasn't at his best last week, but has been very consistent this season. He'll have to be at his best in here. (8) CHEYENNE MOISHE has a terrific record this season and is very versatile. He comes out of Montini's barn and although I don't think he can win, he's playable to hit the board.
(1) LEAFS AND WINGS draws inside and returns to this circuit. Waples gets along with this horse very well and it was displayed three starts ago when the pair won at this level with a good payout. (2) ROYAL OUTLOOK was hard-used to the quarter last week and was the victim of sitting in the pocket past a sizzling :52 4/5 half. He draws better this week and will look for a more comfortable trip. (6) WAZZUP WAZZUP raced terrific last week in this class with a solid final frame. He's got a good closing kick and enjoys racing from off-the-pace.
- 1.Posted 12/08/2013 09:52AM
- 2.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 3.Posted 12/08/2013 06:24PM
- 4.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 5.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM