- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Mohawk: Monday 8/5 Analysis
By Greg Gangle
Race 4 - $75,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet: IDEALBEACH HANOVER (10th)
Spot Play: BUCKEROO (12th)
(6) ARMSTEAD KYRA qualified very well last week with a good final quarter. If she can mind her manners, she's a likely candidate. (8) LINDYS SHOWGIRL comes out of the Antonacci barn and is undefeated in two career starts. She moves onto this circuit, shows gate-speed and is very capable. (3) HOBSONS CHOICE draws inside and is a good option for the triactor. He shows the speed and is very versatile.
(1) MARGIE draws inside and has been very close in both career starts. She continues to improve and should benefit from the rail. (6) MUSCLE BABE has gate-speed and is a good option for the exacor. She's versatile and continues to improve and may provide a price. (3) NICKANGE TWO draws well and has finished third in both career starts. She finishes off her miles very well.
(4) MASSIVE MUSCLES is the only filly in this race with a win already this season. She comes from good connections and is a logical option. (3) MASSIVE POCKETS draws well, shows gate-speed and continues to drop time. (2) SAS WARKENTIN came from off-the-pace last start en route to finish second. She gets Jamieson once again, which is a plus.
(3) EMERALD LEXUS went a very tough trip last week and still managed to finish fourth. He has the speed, but will need the right trip. (1) ASLAN was a longshot last week and he made up countless ground to finish second with a :26 4/5 final quarter. He's a good option from the rail. (7) POUVOIR DUHARAS also closed very well last week to finish third. He draws better and will likely race from off-the-pace again.
Even with a post 10 start, (10) MARCELLA HALL is the filly to beat. She's won at every asking so far this season and continues to impress. (2) HERECOMESTHEBRIDE draws inside, is versatile and comes out of Moreau's barn. It's hard to overlook her latest effort. (6) DREAM ACT comes out of O'Sullivan's barn, is fresh off a win and gets Jamieson. She's a good candidate for the triactor.
(6) TAURANGA comes out of the Summertime Pacing Series and into this class. This is an easier field and he has displayed the speed in recent weeks to win at this level. (7) WHOSURPAL has won two straight and in impressive fashion at Clinton's half-mile. Davis, Jr. is at the helm again and expect him positioned on or near the front. (10) TALKING BLUES moves into the Wallace barn, which is a playable angle, and is very versatile. He's capable of overcoming the outside as he moves onto this circuit.
(9) MR LOVER is two-for-two to start the season and has won from off the pace and closer to the front last week. He shows versatility, comes from a good barn and showed a terrific final frame two back. (7) SEE THE WIND is fresh off a win, comes from a good trotting barn and continues to improve. (3) TOTHEPOINTE JAMES comes out of the Henry barn, which is a plus, and has finished off his miles in fine form.
(6) WHISKEY TAX put in a terrific effort last week, considering it was his first start back after a long layoff. He can only improve off that effort and should be quick enough to win. (2) COOL GUY draws inside and races at his best when he's put into the race. At this level, he's a good option. (1) DAYLON MIRACLE gets post relief and comes from top connections. She was very impressive two starts back.
(5) SWISHNFLICK finished second last week in this class, by a neck. She offered a fair price and races at her best when she's put into the race. (3) MO DHABI draws inside and trotted home strong in her latest. I'm not convinced she can win, but is a good option for the exactor and triactor with her record this year. (2) JUST MAKE BELIEVE comes out of the Canadian Breeders and faces an easier group. Coming out of the Henriksen barn only increases her chances.
(2) IDEALBEACH HANOVER scored with wins as effortlessly as you could ask for in a young horse. He faces a tougher group in here, but shows that he's very capable. (9) FOR A BETTOR TIME comes out of the Coleman barn and won last week in comfortable fashion. He'll have to overcome post nine, but will draw a lot of attention. (5) JET AIRWAY made a costly break last week, but his effort prior was terrific. He ships onto this circuit and is a 'must have' for the triactor.
(7) QUICK DEAL qualified in 1:54 4/5 in his latest with a sizzling :26 4/5 final quarter. It will be interesting to see what kind of price he offers, but I'm going to try him. (6) E W FISHER hasn't missed the board in many starts and races at his best when he's put into the race. That should happen in this short field. (1) APPOMATTOX gets the rail, Zeron and has a terrific record this season. That was a terrific effort last week.
(5) BUCKEROO hasn't lost in three career starts and may offer a price as he ships to this circuit. He's versatile and appears capable of dropping many seconds in here. (7) WARHORSE is versatile and finished usually provides a healthy price. This field is wide-open and he showed two starts ago that he's capable of the exactor. (2) TAKE THE DEAL draws the two-hole and will look to improve on this circuit. He only raced once so far this season and should improve off that effort.
- 1.Posted 12/05/2013 01:44PM
- 2.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/06/2013 03:20PM
- 4.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 5.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM