- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Mohawk: Monday 8/26 Analysis
By Greg Gangle
Race 4 - $75,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet: GRANDE SEELSTER (12th)
Spot Play: TAURANGA (11th)
(2) BWT TAJ gets major post relief in the same class as last week. He has the speed and will look for an inside trip. (3) OLLY WARRAWEE also draws well and is fresh off a victory at Georgian Downs. He appears to race at his best when he's put into play. (10) HERCULOTTE HANOVER comes out of the Alagna barn, but has post 10 and is a filly racing against the colts. She's lightly-raced, but shows the speed to be very competitive at this level.
(5) NORTHERN VICTORY trotted in 1:54 4/5 last start and a repeat effort makes him a top threat. He gets post relief in the same class. (4) PERFECT VACATION has a lot of back-class and is a good option in here. He comes out of Moreau's barn and is very versatile. (1) ROLANDS SEEHORSE gets the rail and has a good record this season. Lalonde makes his second start with him and I can expect an improved effort.
(5) SAY IT AGAIN SAM gets post relief after a pair of 10-holes and he certainly has the speed to win in this class. He may provide a fair price. (9) GOLD ROCKS gets the Alagna/Zeron combo, but will have to overcome the outside post. He raced well last start in his career debut and should improve off that. (1) VIRGINIAONTHEBEACH gets the rail and posted a credible qualifying win n his latest. He'll make his career debut for Mayotte.
(7) CHAMPAIGN PHIL got a track record in his latest start and has won three straight. He's the horse to beat in here. (8) D GS CAMMIE has won two straight and moves into the Grassroots event. His recent 1:51 win is hard to overlook. (2) MACH SET GO was a private purchase by Montini and draws inside. He's a good option for the triactor.
(7) KNOWS NOTHING drops down in class once again and is back on a seven-day rotation. He's an inconsistent horse, but should be able to handle this class. (1) DANCEHALL MISTRESS gets the rail and has hit the board in five of her last six starts. (6) AMIGO DE GRANDE drops out of the Preferred and into this class, which will only decrease his price. He likes to race from behind and quick fractions should be provided.
(10) COUGAR HALL will have to overcome post 10, but he's won two straight and four of his last five. (2) SEE AND SKI was a beaten favourite last week, but he draws better and comes from top connections. (7) MANCHESTER found the wire first over SEE AND SKI last week and will look for the same type of trip. This is a tougher field than last week.
(6) ZEUS LIGHTNING is my top selection based on the class drop. He hasn't been at his best in recent weeks, but it is hard to overlook this field. (1) BOOGIE WOOGIE gets the rail and finished second in this class last week. He trotted home strong and will likely race off a helmet. (9) PAIGING KADABRA is a great option for the triactor. He doesn't like to win, but has hit the board in each of his last three starts.
Since the addition of Lasix, (5) GEORGE JETTISON has been a new horse. He's yet to finish second in since the addition and comes from a good barn. (8) CLASSIC GENT has terrific gate-speed along with his terrific record this season. He's a good option for the exactor in this field. (7) OK FABULOUS has hit the board in five of his last six starts and comes out of the Moreau barn. He's very versatile and I'd expect to see his gate-speed used.
(7) DULL ROAR won a Grassroots event in his most recent outing and once again is very capable. He's been very consistent this season and comes out of the Gillis barn. (3) BURNING SHORE has a terrific record this season, draws inside and certainly has the speed to be a top threat in this class. (9) THE REAL ONE will have to overcome post nine, but he's missed the board just twice from 13 starts this season.
(5) INTIMIDATE unleashed a :26 3/5 final frame last week and did it effortlessly. He'll likely be the second favourite, but after last week's performance, he appears to look like his old self that won the Breeders Crown last year. (6) MISTER HERBIE raced very well in his latest at The Meadowlands. He hasn't raced since that start on Aug. 3, so I'm going to play against him. (3) E W FISHER has won this class the past two starts, but faces a deeper group this week. He'll likely be your first leader with an inside post.
(3) TAURANGA draws inside and made an uncharacteristic break last start. He comes out of O'Sullivan's barn and won this class two back. (1) CAMCRUISER HANOVER gets major post relief and Hudon will likely put him into the race. He should provide a fair price. (2) JETTINS DRAGON hasn't missed the board in two starts this season and has been finishing off his miles very well. He continues to improve and that should continue.
(3) GRANDE SEELSTER was my top pick last week and he raced very well despite not winning. He closed very well and remains at the same class. He'll likely be the favourite. (2) ROCK CAMROLLER doesn't have the best record this season, but he draws inside and comes out of McMaster's barn. He was also timed in 1:50 4/5 in his latest. (4) HOBOKEN HANOVER moves into the Puddy barn, which has been terrific in recent weeks. He has the speed and should offer a fair price.
- 1.Posted 12/12/2013 10:03AM
- 2.Posted 12/12/2013 01:31PM
- 3.Posted 12/12/2013 04:12PM
- 4.Posted 12/11/2013 03:00PM
- 5.Posted 12/12/2013 04:46PM