Mohawk: Monday 7/15 Analysis
Race 4 - $75,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet: SEE AND SKI (4th)
Spot Play: LIFEIMITTATESART (10th)
(2) THE CASINO COWBOY qualified three times and dropped time in each. He has minded his manners, draws inside and looks very capable in here. (4) MAXIMUSCLE closed very well in his only career start. He moves onto this circuit, gets Jamieson and should drop even more time. (1) SHADYWOOD KID gets the rail and comes out of Henry's barn, which has a terrific reputation with young trotters. He did all the work last week before making an equipment break.
(4) STRIKING HURRICANE went gate-to-wire in his only start of the season. He draws well once again and certainly has shown enough speed to win. (3) TYRONE HAJI comes out of the McIntosh barn and is fresh off a winning effort in his only qualifier. He draws well and likely won't offer a price. (7) R CHOOCHOO CHARLIE has behaved in all three racelines so far in 2013. He continues to drop time and should offer a fair price in here.
(2) NEXT KASH qualified very well in his latest and dropped significant time compared to the week prior. That sets him up well in here. (6) DEWEY HAVE TO PLAY likely will offer a price, but he has behaved in both racelines and continues to show quicker speed. (8) SOUTHERNFRIEDSTING raced very well in his latest and enjoys being put into the race. He also comes from top trotting connections.
(10) SEE AND SKI is a highly-touted horse by his trainer Coleman. He raced in the North America Cup eliminations therefore he should be able to handle this non-winners of two class. (3) URBANITE HANOVER finished second in this class last week, beaten only a neck for the win. He draws inside and once again is a contender in this class. (5) BETTORWITHBOURBON is a perfect two-for-two this season, but will have to step up his game as he moves onto this circuit. He enjoys being put into the race and that likely will happen from a post five start.
(6) FOR A BETTOR TIME qualified very well for Coleman and looks like he's ready to win at first asking. He likely won't offer a price based on his trainers' terrific reputation with younger horses. (4) SOME MAJOR BEACH draws inside and is a half-brother to the great Somebeachsomewhere. This horse has qualified very well, comes from top connections and likely won't offer a price. (2) IDEAL JET draws inside and qualified very well with a good final frame. He'll need a trip, but is a good option for the triactor.
(5) DOUKNOWWHEREURGOIN will make her third start of the season and should be much better. She's finished second in both her outings this season, faces an easier bunch and is due for a win. (3) I GOT TO BOOGIE comes out of the O'Sullivan barn and has hit the board in each of her two starts this season. She draws well and appears very versatile. (4) RACHEL WELCH comes out of the Darling barn and although she doesn't like to win, she's a good option for the triactor. She's versatile and has the speed.
(7) AMIGO DE GRANDE drops out of the Preferred and into this class. He's got a good record this season and should benefit from the class drop. (8) ZEUS LIGHTNING also drops out of the Preferred and is a top threat in this class. If the fractions are honest, I like his chances even more. (5) MIDFIELD MAGIC went a terrific mile last week, which was a new lifetime best. He draws well once again, remains at the same class and still might provide a price like last week.
(7) REQUEST FOR PAROLE has been racing very well in recent starts and enjoys being put into the race. She shows the speed to win and a short field only increases her chances. (2) SOMEWHEREINHEAVEN hasn't won yet this season, but has only missed the board once from five starts this season. (4) GRAPHENE draws well, comes out of the O'Sullivan barn and is a good candidate for the traictor. She'll need a trip, but I feel she's capable.
(8) UNDERCOVER BOSS found the wire first in his first career start last week. Once again, he appears to be the horse to beat. (5) THERESADEMONINME finished second last week in his first start of the season. He draws well and continues to improve. (2) MASSIVE TALENT draws inside and comes out of the Norman barn, which is a plus. He finished off his mile very strong and should be even better in here.
(7) LIFEIMITTATESART has been finishing off his miles very strong in his last two starts and draws better. If the fractions are honest, I like his chances even more. (3) KG COMET draws inside and has won two of his last three starts. He'll have to step up his game, but has a good record this season. (6) LIFE SIGNATURE comes out of the Herlihy barn, which has been very good in recent weeks. He was timed in 1:50 1/5 last start and that should be quick enough in here.
(5) STRIKING PATRICK won his career debut last start and trotted a solid final frame. He shows the speed and draws well in here. (9) WHICHAMACALLIT only qualified once and produced a winning effort. He comes out of the Jones barn, which has a terrific reputation with young trotters. (10) MUSICAL SPELL qualified very well last week with a good final frame. If he can mind his manners, he's a good option in here.
(7) SLIP INTO GLIDE gets major class relief and should benefit against these rivals. He's been trotting quick enough miles with solid final quarters. (10) CATCH THE DREAM drops in class and will have to overcome the outside post 10. If he's not too far back, I like his chances. (3) BRUCE THE BRAVE draws well, comes from a high percentage barn and has terrific closing speed. He's a good option in this class.