- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Mohawk: Monday 6/24 Analysis
By Greg Gangle
Race 4 - $75,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet( 4 - 8 / $12.00): TARPON HANOVER (7th)
Spot Play: GRIN FOR MONEY (12th)
(10) RENEWAL NOTICE was hard-used last start to earn the front and still scored the win. He draws even further outside, but has shown that he's capable. (5) SAMARTINA draws well and faces a much easier bunch. She comes from a terrific trotting barn and should provide a better effort. (2) UP FRONT N CRAZY draws inside and is fresh off a win. She was much better last week and likely will be put into play early.
(9) BEE A MAGICIAN is this year's champion filly in this division until proven otherwise. She had to go to the well last week to win for the first time this season. (6) ANGIES LUCKY STAR got a perfect trip last start and that almost translated into a victory. She'll look for the same tactics. (3) MOTOWN MUSCLE hasn't missed the board yet in four starts and draws inside. I'm not sure she can win, but is a terrific choice for the triactor.
(1) RESISTANCE FUTILE draws the rail and faces a much easier group. He was timed in 1:49 4/5 two starts ago and that type of mile should be good enough to win. (8) ROCKIN WIZARD will look for a rebound effort, but is very capable of it. This class suits him well and he's been very consistent. (4) AHDOUGHNOLUM comes out of the Persson's barn, which has been terrific in 2013. He draws well and might provide a good price.
(1) WINDSONG JACK draws the rail and Menary's barn has been showing signs of improvement. This horse was a top two-year-old last year and raced terrific in his debut last week. (6) CLOSING CREDITS has won eight of 14 starts and is fresh off thee straight wins. He's a major contender especially after his 1:50 4/5 latest effort. (8) UP UP AND OUT has been knocking on the door in recent outings and has been finishing off his miles very strong.
(1) CHOIR ROBE draws inside and continues to improve in her four starts this season. She gets a light division and should make the most of it. (8) BRENWAY DIXIE was won two straight and is coming into this contest in top form. She might once again provide a price. (4) PRINCESS LILLY draws inside and will look for a rebound after her break last start. She shows enough speed and has been very consistent this season.
(6) ROCKNROLL HARMONY is fresh off the claim and that's the main reason for my selection. He's been racing well and this field isn't any tougher than he's been facing. (9) FANTASTIC ROCK draws outside and raced very well last week. He doesn't like to win, but is capable of the exactor. (8) PACIFIC WESTERN hasn't been at his best in recent starts, but is very capable of hitting the board in this group. It appears that he races at his best when he's put into the race.
(10) TARPON HANOVER will have to overcome post 10, but if he puts in the same type of effort as he did last start than he's the horse to beat. (6) ROAR moves into the Coleman barn and that can only decrease the horses' price. He's got the speed and now has the Coleman angle. (7) SLIGHT TOUGH also gets a barn change and shifts into Auciello's care. He's fresh off a win and finishes his miles off very well.
(1) COUGAR HALL draws inside and is at a level where he's very capable of winning. He draws inside and can dictate the correct trip from post one. (6) NICKLE BAG is fresh off a win and has started off the season well. He's very versatile and won at this level last week. (5) FRESH N FAST moves back to this circuit and although he's failed to win in four starts this season, he's improving with each start and comes out of the McIntosh barn.
(5) GUILTYWITHANEXCUSE gets major class relief and that's the reason for my selection. He's very capable in this class and comes out of Moreau's barn. (9) BURNIN MONEY is also a top threat, but will have to overcome post 10. He's got a great record this season and also drops in class. (2) COOL GUY draws well and has been racing very well in his last number of starts. He gets much needed post relief in this same class.
(8) MACH IT SO has started off his season in fine form and is fresh off a convincing qualifying win. He's very versatile and gets Zeron in the bike. (5) BROCKS FORTUNE raced terrific last start finishing second, by a neck, for the win in 1:50 1/5. Any type of effort and he's a major contender. (3) GALLANT SEELSTER draws inside and hasn't missed the board yet in four starts this season. He'll likely offer a low price.
(4) BRUCE THE BRAVE draws inside and has been racing at his best in recent starts. He closes very well and will likely race from behind. (3) PEMBROKE HEAT WAVE finished second in this class last start and this level is much better suited for her. (5) MAJESTIC TAGLET went gate-to-wire last week in a good time. Even though she moves up in class, I feel she's very capable in here.
(4) GRIN FOR MONEY drops in class and that's the main reason for my selection. He's a classy horse and should get the trip he needs from post four. (2) SHIFTIN GEARTOGEAR did most of the work last week before fading to third. He races at his best when he's put into the race and draws well. (6) ASLAN drops in class and although I'm not convinced he can win, he's playable for the triactor. He'll likely offer a price.
(9) TWIN B WARRIOR goes into a claimer for the first time in his career, to my knowledge. He's beatable in this wide-open group, but he's facing an easier group and will get more attention. Don't overlook his back-class. (7) FRESH HERB is always a threat in this class and has a good record this season. I also like that Zeron is in the bike. (5) AMBLE OVER HANOVER is fresh off a win and draws well. He'll likely be put into the race much like last week.
- 1.Posted 12/08/2013 09:52AM
- 2.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 3.Posted 12/08/2013 06:24PM
- 4.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 5.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM