- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Mohawk: Friday 6/28 Analysis
By Greg Gangle
Race 4 - $75,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (4 - 8 / $12.00): CLUSTER HANOVER (6th)
Spot Play: ROCKYS FIRST (5th)
(2) THIRD PAT draws inside and has won three of four starts this season. He has tremendous gate-speed and has proven that he belongs in this group. (4) KENNEL BUDDY also draws well, but will have to mind his manners. He has enough speed for Team McNair. (3) RENEWAL NOTICE has only missed the board once from five starts this season. He closed very well last week and draws much better in here.
(9) FLANAGAN MEMORY captured the Goodtimes Trot final in gate-to-wire fashion. He'll have to overcome post nine, but this is an easier field. (3) GOTTA SECRET draws well and finished third in the Goodtimes Trot final. He also comes out of Moreau's barn. (6) CROSBYS CLAM BAKE is fresh off a win by over eight lengths and is ready to step up into this class. That was a good mile he turned in and comes out of the Henriksen barn.
(1) CABS R HERE draws the rail and was timed in 1:53 3/5 in his first lifetime start. He's a major contender in here after that mile. (8) STEADY WARRIOR made a break last start and paced home in :26 4/5. It appears he has the speed, but will need to put it all together. (4) MISTER X draws well and qualified well both times. It looks like he's ready to drop even more time and be competitive.
(6) REQUEST FOR PAROLE will make just her third career start and raced well last week, but had to settle for sixth. I'm looking for a rebound effort and I think she can improve. (7) RACHEL WELCH has been knocking on the door at this level and is an excellent choice for the exactor. She comes out of Darling's barn and has been no worse than third in each of her last three starts. (5) SOMEWHEREINHEAVEN faces an easier bunch and should get a good trip from post five. She should provide a price.
(9) ROCKYS FIRST gets class relief and drops to the bottom condition. He's a much better horse than he's been showing and likely won't offer a price. (5) HOUSE MONEY is an inconsistent horse, but trotted a good mile last week. He'll need a trip. (6) INDIAN LAKE finished third, but was placed ninth last start. He finished off his miles very well and with the right trip, he's a threat.
(4) CLUSTER HANOVER finished second last week in a very good time, and he finished his mile off with a :26 4/5 final frame. He also gets the combination of Darling and Jamieson. (8) FALCON JUSTICE was the one who defeated CLUSTER HANOVER and will likely be forwardly-placed off the gate. He's a top rookie so far this season and will offer a small price once again. (7) BUGGER BRUISER qualified very well and will look to drop even more time. He's a good option for the triactor and appears very versatile.
(9) TEA PARTY PRINCESS drops out of the Preferred and into this class. She draws outside, but has back-class and should capitalize on the class drop. (3) HOPE FOR PADDY also drops out of the Preferred and draws much better than last week. She hasn't been at her best, but can't be overlooked in this class. (7) CAMS VAN GO missed the board for the first time last start and will look to rebound. She got interfered with last start and is certainly capable of hitting the board.
(9) RUB N TUG drops in class and this is a wide-open field. She has won at this level several times in the past and can do it again. (8) BOAT HOUSE ROW has been knocking on the door over the past number of starts and that will likely continue in here. She's very versatile and will need the correct trip. (7) SONIC BREEZE was timed in 1:52 3/4 last start and that type of effort should be quick enough to hit the board. This marks her second start on this circuit and should benefit from that.
(5) TOOCOOL FORSCHOOL finished second in the Goodtimes Trot and should be able to handle this field. He's a top sophomore this season and will look for his third victory. (7) KINETIC KING went right to the front last start and never looked back. He appeared to be difficult to rate on the front and faces tougher competition. He'll also have to once again mind his manners. (6) ENOUGH ABOUT YOU has won two straight and most recently in 1:54 2/5. That type of effort is quick enough to hit the triactor.
(1) BLACKTREE draws inside and was recently timed in 1:53 4/5 in his career debut. He can only improve off that effort and comes from a high percentage barn. (8) ARRIVED LATE will make his first career start after a solid qualifier. He draws outside, but has the speed. (3) SHADOWBRIAND got interfered with last start and still put forth a terrific effort along with a quick final quarter. He also gets Jamieson in the bike and comes out of Darling's barn.
(7) CHUCKALO CADEN qualified very well and drops into the bottom condition. I'm hoping for a price as he is very capable at this level. (6) CAN I SAY is a good option for the exactor. She's hit the board in two of her last three starts in this class. (5) GRUMPY JAKE is considered a longshot and will need a trip to be successful. This class is wide-open, but I feel he's playable.
(9) MIA SEELSTER drops in class and faces a much easier bunch. She still might provide respectable odds and is very versatile. She'll need a trip to win, I believe. (4) THATLL BE FRANNY is fresh off a victory and although she moves up in class, she's a top threat. She did most of the work last week on the front and draws well in here. (2) OCEANVIEW BINDI has hit the board in two of her last three starts and will begin from post two. She finishes off her miles very strong and will need the right off-the-pace trip.
- 1.Posted 12/11/2013 03:00PM
- 2.Posted 12/10/2013 02:23PM
- 3.Posted 12/10/2013 02:25PM
- 4.Posted 12/11/2013 03:32PM
- 5.Posted 12/10/2013 07:22PM