- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsThoroughbred Past Performances
ReportsPremium NewsDigital PapersHorsemen's Products
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Equibase PPs
- TrackMaster PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- DRF TV
- StorePast Performances
- Compare all DRF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF Classic PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Expanded Closer Looks
- Equibase & Trackmaster PPs - Thoroughbred
Mohawk: Friday 6/17 Analysis
Race 1 - $30,000 Guaranteed Pick Five Pool
Race 4 - $50,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
PICK 5: 2/1,3,6/7,9/1,2,5,8/3,5,7 = $14.40
EARLY PICK 4: 1,2,5,8/3,5,7/7,8,9/6 = $36
LATE PICK 4: 3,6,8/1,6,9/2,3,9/6,8 = $54
MEET STATS: 128 - 414 / $712.20 BEST BETS: 22 - 39 / $79.10
SPOT PLAYS: 6 - 39 / $40.90
Best Bet: SASS (1st)
Spot Play: TOPVILLE CHEETAH (8th)
(2) SASS comes off two sharp wins and faces similar from a good post. A threepeat is likely here. (6) P L JERICO adds Lasix off a decent effort and should be the main competition to the choice here. (3) CHESTNUT SCHOFIELD faces better here but can stick around for a share after racing from close range. (4) SOUTHWIND STRYKER takes money at the windows every week but he seems to be a fringe player in here.
(6) ST LADS SMOKIN HOT comes off a solid mile where she was passed late by a filly taking a new life's mark. She fits this Grassroots class and should be tough here. (3) REIS STAR COSS had a bit of a lucky trip to win last time, but the rapid improvement shown recently makes her a contender here. (1) HEAVENLY BET has only missed the board once south of the border this year and should transfer that good form here and contend racing close up. (7) BERNADETTE is capable of grabbing a minor share here closing from the back of the field late.
(7) BOURBON SEELSTER seemed to be struggling around the final turn last time while going a long trip. She came on again after straightening out in a brave effort and can double up here with a slightly better trip. (9) GOLDEN IDOL roared up to take a new life's mark in her first Mohawk start and is clearly the one to beat here, but she may be overbet and does need to overcome her outer post. (1) MAXIM SEELSTER had an improved effort last time and could get even closer here starting from the inside. (2) P L JASMINE is capable of leaving better and working out a trip that gets her a share here.
(5) C S EYE didn't fare well from the worst post on a wet track facing better at Georgian but if he can come close to replicating his race here two back he could be very tough to beat here. (8) BEIBER HANOVER rocketed home to beat similar last time and looks like a must-use to kick off this Pick 4. (1) YOURE MY HERO should get a much better trip here with the improved post which makes him a dangerous rival to the top two. (2) VEROI BAYAMA has good enough early speed to land a spot near the front and he could trip out here; another to consider for the early Pick 4.
(3) KAYS SHADOW rounded into form with a solid win just in time for the first Grassroots race of the season and should be a major player in here now that she's on her game. (7) MACHIODA wasn't far behind the choice last time and can use her good leaving ability to land a spot near the front early; using. (5) WATT MACHS ME WIN improved last time in his third start for Moreau and she could pop up with an even better effort here. (1) FOREVER LIZA is another that has improved in her past two starts. Trainer Steacy had a Grassroots winner here Monday night.
(8) BUTTERMILK HANOVER had a tightener for this now picks up a catch driver that has won with her before. She should get a solid pace to stalk; call to upset. (7) LADYHARDT knows where the wire is and brings a good record north with her. She should be a strong contender from on or near the lead. (9) BAD IN PARADISE had to pace a 27 flat third 1/4 to get into contention then she tired late. She can threaten here at a price. (1) ALPHABET QUEEN will likely be gunning for the front early here and could better this prediction if she can steal a breather at some point.
(6) NOONE TO DEPEND ON faces much easier here and the only concern is the three weeks that she has missed. If she is fit enough, she should beat these. (4) MISS BABE DELIGHT left hard then took a shuffle last time in a quick mile. She can contend here off that decent effort and is the one most likely to benefit if the choice falters. (5) WESTLUCKYCAM is another that looks like a top contender on paper but has missed time. This is a tricky final leg to the early Pick 4. (2) SODWANA BAY was an easier winner vs. lesser but she could work out a pretty good trip here.
(3) TOPVILLE CHEETAH raced better last time and will now likely get sent for a spot near the front early here. She should be a square price and can win this with a trip. (6) CRACKLIN ROSIE and (8) DIVAS IMAGE both exit good performances in an OSS Gold event but you have to wonder what is on tap for them in the coming weeks and the kinds of trips they might get tonight. (4) COTTONWOOD CREEK has been doing well out of town and has been competitive here before in these classes.
(1) THISOTHAT HANOVER went a huge trip last time after breaking. If she minds her manners she can beat these, but tread lightly if she is a short price. (9) PARKLANE GLAMOROUS has been sharp for several weeks in a row and is sure to be put into the race from the outset here. She's the one to beat. (6) TEMPUS SEELSTER is in with a chance here if she gets a steer similar to the one Henry gave her two starts back, which is very possible. (4) EVANGELIN SEELSTER gets a good post to work with here and should stick around for a share.
(2) GLORIOUS DELIGHT had a race over the track where she closed some ground late now she moves inside and should get a far more aggressive steer here; top call. (3) BAD LIGHTNING was forced to pace a 28 2/5 second 1/4 to make front last time and that took its toll late on her. She could be closer at the finish here but note the 0 for 21 lifetime record. (9) QUEENOFTHEJUNGLE paced her back 1/2 in 55 flat in her first race in months and it wouldn't be a shock to see Henry send this one quickly off the gate with that mile under her belt. (4) HOPE AND FAITH will likely follow along for a share here if she behaves.
(6) CALL ME MAYBE was held up in a lot of traffic last time while the winner was getting away. She flew home late and should be a top contender in this field considering her current sharpness. (8) DOCTOR TERROR wasn't far behind the choice in an improved effort and she could be all set for a top try now. (5) MOREMUNKYBUSINESS was brave in victory last time but may need to find more late speed to beat both of the two above here. (1) AMAZING CONTROL can leave quickly and stick around for a piece here.