- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Mid-South notes: Oklahoma tracks request 2014 dates
Remington Park has requested a 67-date meet for Thoroughbreds in 2014, from Aug. 15 to Dec. 14. Date requests are to be considered at the August meeting of the Oklahoma Racing Commission, said executive director Tino Rieger. Remington has also asked for a 50-date meet for Quarter Horses, from March 7 to June 1.
Will Rogers Downs near Tulsa is seeking a 32-date meet for Thoroughbreds next year, from March 3 to May 17, and a 28-date Quarter Horse meet from Sept. 6 to Nov. 8. Fair Meadows is seeking a 34-date mixed meet, from June 7 to Aug. 1.
New format for Oklahoma auction
The Carter Sales Co., will expand its annual yearling auction to include sessions for 2-year-olds and horses of racing age, according to sales manager Terri Carter. The auction is to be held on Aug. 19, at the Oklahoma State Fairgrounds Sales Arena in Oklahoma City.
Carter said entries for the sale are open through the first part of July. She anticipates the catalog will include 80 to 85 yearlings and 20 to 40 horses of racing age, including the 2-year-olds. A morning workout show for the horses of racing age will be held at Remington Park on either Aug. 17 or Aug. 18, said Carter.
Carter is hopeful the racing prospects will be a popular twist to the auction as Remington opens its meet Aug. 16. She said it’s a chance to buy a horse ready to run. “You can go right into Remington Park,” she said of the racing opportunities at the track in Oklahoma City.
La. Downs: Stakes runners in allowance
Queenie Vic is returning to the overnight ranks for Sunday’s fourth race at Louisiana Downs, a 7 1/2-furlong allowance for fillies and mares on turf. She was third last out in the $50,000 Opelousas at Evangeline Downs. Divine Lorretta and Esther Carl are also back in the overnight ranks after finishing a respective second and third last out in the $50,000 Honeymoon at Louisiana Downs.
* Donnie Ellison, the retired track superintendent at Oaklawn who spent 40 years working for the Hot Springs, Ark., oval, died on Wednesday after battling cancer. A memorial service for him will be held at 10 a.m. Tuesday in the Oaklawn winner’s circle, said Hoyt. Ellison was 70. A visitation is Sunday from 2-4 p.m. at the Hot Springs Funeral Home.
* Lone Star Park will have a special live card on Wednesday. Post is 5 p.m. Central, and following the program there will be a fireworks display. Louisiana Downs will also have a fireworks display Wednesday, at 9 p.m. Central. Oaklawn Park will have fireworks on Wednesday, following a free concert by Lee Greenwood, said Hoyt.
* Remington has announced a correction to its stakes schedule. The purse for the Clever Trevor, a seven-furlong race for 2-year-olds on Nov. 8, is $100,000. It was listed as $75,000.
- 1.Posted 12/11/2013 03:00PM
- 2.Posted 12/10/2013 02:23PM
- 3.Posted 12/10/2013 02:25PM
- 4.Posted 12/11/2013 03:32PM
- 5.Posted 12/10/2013 07:22PM