- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Reports
- StorePast PerformancesREPORTSPICKSHarness PPs
Meadowlands: Thursday 7/5 Analysis
(CHAMPIONSHIP MEET STATS: 77 - 213 / $421.00)
Best Bet: To Dream On (10th) Spot Play: CORKY (1st)
(2A) CORKY posted a quality debut against a runaway winner. Muscles Yankee-sired colt appears to have ability and could be much better with that initial start under his belt. (4) LAUDERDALE made an interesting move in his most recent qualifier and trotted evenly in the lane. There are some issues to work out here but the first foal from $253k earner Dornello may have a bit of ability. (1A) APERFECTYANKEE has proven to be as fast as any in here during AM action. He is the first colt from Asixpakfromperfect. (6) ZOLI hails from a mom that made $322k and trotted in 1:52 4/5.
(2) CANEEL HALL chased a monster last time and could have been discouraged trying to keep up with such a fast foe. I could see her offering some value in this spot. (3) PEACEFUL EZ FEELIN is the second foal from $2.7 million earner Peaceful Way. All of her qualifiers look good. (5) STURDY MUSCLES did everything right in qualifying action but blew up with the money on the line. Let’s give her a second chance.
(6) MAMASAIDSO comes off a freaky-good performance at Pocono. If she comes anywhere close to that effort she wins easily. (1) KITTI PLACE faced a tough foe two start back and was stuck in post nine last time. (8) PERSUASIVE HANOVER finished well from a tough spot in her debut. I can see her building on that effort.
(7) SAND LOVER switches to a very live pair of hands and doesn’t face any killers tonight. (4) LIBORIO switches back to Tetrick. I might try him at a price. (6) POPPA WOODY moves in a few spots and gets a catch-driver. (9) QUICHE LORRAINE S has a chance if he behaves.
(8) LADY RIVIERA took care of business in her career debut. Now that we have seen her ability, I wouldn’t be shocked to see Pierce leave with her this week. (2) KIJAFA had some trot in her qualifier and should offer decent value. (4) FIND THE MAGIC is the fifth foal from this mare and none of the prior offspring have shown much. Her finish lines look nice but those :32 and :33 opening quarters do not impress. (7) IVORY QUEEN is the first foal from Pure Ivory, who made $1.29 million in her career.
(8) SOUTHWIND TYRANT raced very well in his first start since October. This guy won 15 races in 21 starts last year and could easily show a bit more now. (2) ARTS JIMMY RAY raced well upon arrival; use. (10) ART FOR ARTS SAKE takes a drop in class that often produces results.
(5) ELLENS ISLE & (7) DI MANGGIO are clearly the fastest horses in this event. Along with the speed comes the risk, as they both break more often than you might like. Slight edge goes to the former because she adds hobbles, which could help. (6) R SAM is the one to use if you don’t believe the top two can behave.
(9) GETITOFFYOURCHEST comes off a 1:56 3/5 mile at Ocean Downs – that is fast for a 2yo! Not crazy about the driver but at least he knows this Tell All colt. (7) PAN OF OUTSIDERS is a half-brother to $1 million earner Pancleefandarpels. That one was born awhile ago (2004), but I like the fact that this colt has passed foes in his qualifiers. (10) CYCLONE is the first foal from an unraced mare. That last qualifier looks good but she was driven out.
(10) SASSY SYRINX has shown she is the fastest of this bunch. The 10-hole leaves us with some questions, but I’ll take her as my top choice anyway. (7) MELADYS MONET raced pretty well when you consider she made a brief break last time. (3) SAMBUCA gets a barn change.
(1) TO DREAM ON was awesome in her debut and looks to be faster than these right now. (7) MISS STEELE took plenty of tote action and lived up to the hype last week. (4) DÉJÀ VU TOO is out of Hambo and Oaks winning parents. (6) DEWEY LANE seems to enjoy the front and may be able to get it.
(9) STOPWATCH N doesn’t jump off the page at you, but this is a really weak field. I like the switch to Callahan. (3) SADIES SOLOIST could be the favorite. (1) MICHELES DREAM GUY can get a piece.
- 1.Posted 06/18/2013 09:59AM
- 2.Posted 06/17/2013 01:04PM
- 3.Posted 06/17/2013 04:52PM
- 4.Posted 06/17/2013 01:00PM
- 5.Posted 06/17/2013 04:02PM