- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Meadowlands: Thursday 1/17 Analysis
Race 1 - $15,000 Guaranteed Pick Five Pool
Race 3 - $25,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Race 7 - $50,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
MEET STATS: 13 - 67 / $74.20 BEST BETS: 2 - 6 / $9.00
Best Bet: BOINGA (1st) Spot Play: WINDSUN GALLIANO (6th)
(6) BOINGA doesn’t look good on paper but was placed in a very soft spot and should enjoy the level of competition. (9) EMILY DO is clearly a risk to break, but if the price is sweet I would take a shot on this capable mare. (3) SCENT OF OIL was flat in his Miller barn debut. A wakeup mile is not out of the question.
(10) GOOD SOUND ADVICE was in a tougher Super Bowl split last week. Post 10 can be tough but he has the speed to overcome and a big effort is a must if he wants to make the final. (1) JOYEUX DREAM looks like the clear one to beat. (6) LA HOLLYWOOD rallied nicely last time.
(4) PAISLEY takes a big class drop but hasn’t raced in more than four weeks; mixed feelings. (9) BABY BLAZE has the form to play with these. (10) DCS PIGGY BANK qualified only okay, but there is no doubt that he has the class to get the job done. If he had a catch-driver, I would have picked him.
(7) DICKEY O looks like tough action in the past performance program, but after scanning the rest of the field you realize that he could be competitive. I’ll roll the dice. (1) MILLENIUM WHEEL stayed close to my top choice in that last qualifier. I guess that means I should pick him second. His qualifying times are weak but his final quarters are solid. (9) A LIST made a nice move in his qualifying victory.
(6) WINDSUN GALLIANO blew up at short odds in round one action. The price will be better and this gelding looks as good as any in here if he brings his best game. (9) WHERE TO HANOVER was a very impressive winner in his initial start with hobbles; must use. (3) NO LESS THAN MAGIC certainly looks like a player but you start to worry when those seconds and thirds pile up. (10) MOREY should be put in play for some money.
(9) PRO MATTIC was uninvolved last time but has early speed in his arsenal. Since none of these look interesting, I’ll take the big price. (2) THE MIDNIGHT OWL N clearly needed the race last week; gets post break. (6) FORENSIC Z TAM hopes to find some of the ability that made him a million-dollar earner.
(1) JACKS MAGIC JEWEL could get more aggressive from the rail; weak call. (5) ELODIE stands out off her latest effort, but I still have a hard time believing in this mare as the favorite. (10) TERROR RISING had a tough trip last time; new pilot now. (4) TANNED FOR LIFE can’t be as bad as her last effort would indicate,
(2) SECTIONLINE BLAST comes off a win and shouldn’t be hurt by Campbell in the bike. I’ll give him another weak call against an awful field. (3) COME ON RIDGE has some form, which is rare in here. (5) NIGHT TRAIN SHANE drops this week. He may have finished tenth last time but he only lost by four lengths.
(4) HELIOS draws into a weaker division and should be tough to beat. (10) WISENHEIMER figures to offer a better price from post 10; capable. (3) VOLARE DE VIE is better than his last effort.
(4) SHAYNA BABY was certainly flat last time. I’ll give her another shot at a better price. (5) LEANBACK COCO should take charge and could go far. (2) LIZZIES DREAM steps up off a strong effort. (3) SMOKE PAN MIRROS lucked out with a good trip in her last start; a player.
- 1.Posted 12/10/2013 02:23PM
- 2.Posted 12/09/2013 01:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/10/2013 02:25PM
- 4.Posted 12/10/2013 01:46PM
- 5.Posted 12/10/2013 01:42PM