- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsThoroughbred Past Performances
ReportsPremium NewsDigital PapersHorsemen's Products
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Equibase PPs
- TrackMaster PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- DRF TV
- StorePast Performances
- Compare all DRF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF Classic PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Expanded Closer Looks
- Equibase & Trackmaster PPs - Thoroughbred
Meadowlands: Saturday 7/11 Analysis
Race 1 - $30,000 Guaranteed Pick Five Pool
Race 3 - $25,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Race 7 - $50,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Race 10 - $25,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
CHAMPIONSHIP MEET STATS: 74 - 252 / $370.50 BEST BETS: 10 - 19 / $39.30
Best Bet: ARTSPEAK (6th)
Spot Play: MELMERBY BEACH (13th)
(1) AMERICAN PASSPORT has displayed ability in the morning and is highly regarded by trainer Tony Alagna. (1A) BOTTOM DEALS was a bit green coming around the final turn and that cost him a victory in his latest qualifier. That said, you could see this guy has talent. (2) TALK SHOW raced well in the morning and hails from a barn that has been hot all year. (5) CRUISE PATROL could be overlooked in the wagering with Takter in the bike and we saw him do well with his youngsters last weekend.
(5) MODEL BEHAVIOR is far from a world-beater, but has shown some hints of ability and really doesn’t face the toughest field tonight. (7) SCENTED ROSES comes into this off consecutive victories and it wouldn’t be a stretch for him to best better company. (2) LADY CLARABELLA exits the difficult PASS circuit and should find this group more to her liking.
(5) WEEPER wasn’t going anywhere from post eight at Pocono and I’m willing to forget the dull effort at Mohawk since that seems to happen quite often to shippers north of the border. This looks like a good spot and I expect her to take charge. (6) RADAR CONTACT has done her best work here and might wake up with some home cooking. (3) BEACH STORY seems to be a slight notch below the top mares but good enough to step up from time to time. (4) TABLE TALK has proven capable of coming up with a big mile.
(5) LOCK DOWN LINDY is a filly I keep waiting for to break out. There are no killers in this spot and she should have every chance to win. (7) I’M SO FANCY kept her act together with hobbles added and could turn things around in a hurry. (1) BLUE MUSE has proven fast enough to win this race.
(8) SOME MAJOR BEACH failed to fire last week when I was sure he would be ready to roll. I’ll give him one more shot with Gingras taking over the lines. (4) UF FAST FEELIN comes off a good effort but couldn’t lure Gingras off the top one. (6) STEADY PULSE gets Zeron in the bike and does have early speed.
(4) ARTSPEAK is back at his home track where he remains undefeated in five career starts and adds Lasix, too. I’d be surprised if he lost. (2) IN THE ARSENAL has reached the point where he has to prove himself again; clear second best. (1) DEALT A WINNER is getting better as he races and could sneak into the trifecta.
(1) MUSCLE DIAMOND hasn’t seen much action this year but that doesn’t change the fact that he is a Hambletonian contender come August 8. His return qualifier was solid and while I’m not sure tonight is the goal, he is the one to beat. (7) SOBORO HANOVER went down the road in his first start with Lasix added. There appears to be some ability here. (2) REAL DJ HANOVER comes off a confidence building win and adds Brian Sears. I wouldn’t be shocked if he won at a price. (9) CRUZADO DELA NOCHE certainly has a shot but might have his eyes set on bigger events.
(5) THAT’S MY OPINION qualified sharply in his first start for new trainer Julie Miller. He was wrapped up nearing the wire and looked as good as we’ve seen him all year. Maybe the change of scenery has made a big difference? (7) CAPOZZO drops down and picks up Brett Miller. I can see him waking up in this spot. (3) TWINCREEKS JESSE improved last time in only his second start since September 2014. Another step forward can get him over the top. Plus he gets a driver change to David Miller tonight.
(3) WINDSONG GORGEOUS was certainly better on the class drop last week. He stays at the same level and adds a top catch-driver this week. (7) YOU BET YOUR GLASS found the perfect spot and held on for the win a week ago. This field is clearly tougher, but he does get Tim Tetrick in the bike. (1) MAH SISH N hasn’t done much recently, but I wouldn’t be shocked if he won at a price.
(7) FATHER PATRICK and (6) JL CRUZE are tough to separate on paper. They finished a half-length and a neck apart in their last two meetings. Granted JL Cruze won both times, but either is capable of winning in under 1:51 and the rest of the field would really have to step up to accomplish that. I’ll give Father Patrick the slight edge because he could provide some value. (1) ROMPAWAY GALAXY has been racing well enough to think he can spice up the exotics.
(7) WIGGLE IT JIGGLEIT doesn’t qualify as a lock, but it is hard to pick against him off his impressive Hempt victory. (6) WAKIZASHI HANOVER has proven he can beat the top choice. Will Tetrick have him forwardly placed and sitting a pocket trip? If so, watch out. (3) ROLAND N ROCK has never lost in 18 career starts; acid test tonight.
(2) DIVINE CAROLINE hasn’t exactly been setting the world on fire with her recent performances, but hasn’t been terrible either. This is a wide-open race where any can win and you only need to finish in the top seven to make next week’s rich final. I’ll be hitting the ALL button in this leg of the new late pick four. (5) SINGLE ME raced better than I expected at Pocono and might just be coming into her own at the right time. (10) STACIA HANOVER was used hard and tired in the Lynch. You have to wonder how aggressive she’ll be handled this week. (3) THIRY X has the breeding and will be given an opportunity to prove her worth. (8) DELI BEACH can’t be as bad as her most recent race; second chance.
(3) MELMERBY BEACH was driven somewhat conservatively and still almost got to the wire first with a 25 3/5 final quarter. Campbell will have him in play. (6) ART HISTORY improved with Lasix added. (1) SOMESIZESOMESTYLE finds a slightly better spot than the Graduate final; using underneath.
(10) SCALPED hasn’t won in some time, but does get substantial class relief. I’ll take a shot. (1) AXIOM HANOVER comes in off a sharp win and has past success here. (9) JIN DANDY remains in fine form and is hard to toss despite the bad post. (7) GRATIAS DEO has seven wins this year and merits respect on that alone.
how about 50cent tris