- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Meadowlands: Saturday 4/6 Analysis
Race 1 - $25,000 Guaranteed Pick Five Pool
Race 3 - $35,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Race 7 - $75,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
MEET STATS: 64 - 305 / $369.80 BEST BETS: 10 - 26 / $39.80
Best Bet: FANTADDY (8th)
Spot Play: BULLET SPEED (10th)
(6) SILENT SWING is clearly feeling good right now. He can win from on or off the pace and gets my slight nod in a close-knit race. (5) ABELARD HANOVER missed four weeks prior to his last start. He should be sharper this week. (3) STATESMAN N has proven his worth since coming to the U.S. and could easily handle this bunch. (2) MAJOR BELLE is hard to count out.
(1) ALWAYS THERE has more talent than his lines would indicate. Considering that (7) OLDE TIME HOCKEY drew outside, I’ll take a shot that this colt shows up. The latter is having trouble getting over the hump and doesn’t seem worth the likely short price. (4) CONTRABAND HANOVER improved from start one to start two and another step forward could result in a win.
(8) RIVER SHARK has been handicapped the outside but really is better than this group when on his game. I have to give him the edge. (5) MUSSELSFRMBRUSSELS raced very well to just miss from post 10 last time; big shot. (4) WINDSONG HARLEY arrives with sharp early speed for Burke.
(7) ROCKY MOUNTAIN GUY took a couple of months off and raced okay from an outside post last time. He possesses early speed and should be using it with a top catch driver signed on. (1) ROCK ICON couldn’t ask for a much better spot. He should come away close to the action and get a nice piece. (8) ROCKNROLWILNEVERDIE sprinted home to score in his 2013 debut. He’ll need to show some speed to do it again.
(3) COME ON RIDGE couldn’t race near the lead due to a fast pace last week and then wound up with some traffic issues. This spot is much easier. (10) DIAL A WIN was used up in the early pace duel last week. (1) HES A BEACHBOY has speed and the rail; good combo.
(3) D GS WOODSTOCK has aborted the free-legged experiment and finds a good spot to roll down the road. (6) GRAMS LEGACY was given a conservative steer last week. That was his first start in four weeks; capable of more. (4) PEMBROKE DEWEY won by four in his last appearance at this level.
(6) AREZZO HANOVER posted a nice mile on the engine last time and should take charge once again. (3) SIR MELOS Z TAM was kept close to the pace and raced very well last time. Expecting him to fish for cover this week. (2) DUTCH RICHMAN should assume command and sit no worse than a pocket trip. (7) CORKY BARAN looked good last week but will need to go faster to win this race.
(4) FANTADDY is clearly the fastest horse in the race. If he doesn’t do anything stupid, he should take care of business. (2) RECENT NEWS dropped and popped last week and should be even tougher from the inside post. (5) KISS MY ART lucked into the final despite finishing sixth last week. That effort really wasn’t that bad. Don’t be surprised if this gelding brings a big effort.
(6) WESTERN TRADEMARK gets a new pilot and drops a notch; speed tonight? (5) PRINCE SHARKA scored when last seen at this level. (7) COASTAL N was sneaky good in that last qualifier but I still think he needs a start. (4) HACIENDA raced well off the claim but it is odd that Nick Surick owns but is not training. (10) UNION MAN HANOVER lured Callahan off my top choices but this pick seems like barn loyalty.
(7) BULLET SPEED gets the switch back to Miller and also drops to the basement alphabetical condition. I’m expecting a big mile with early speed. (1) STRUNG OUT also drops down for a top barn. (2) SPECULATIVE EDGE finds a good spot upon arrival and gets Callahan.
(2) BAKIN ON THE BEACH continues to avoid his picture in the winner’s circle. Honestly, any of these could easily win, so why not stick with my regular top selection. (7) IDEAL CHAMP has speed and form. (4) MR DENNIS is capable of stepping up with a big mile at any time. (1) HOLDINGALLTHECARDS was on quite a roll earlier in the year and has been freshened up.
(10) VEAL MARSALA beat better last time and now drops in for a cheap tag to avoid tougher foes. Seems like trainer Allard is daring someone to take him. (8) FOUR STARZ TWINS rolled on the engine last time. (3) GODDESSS JUSTIN has a chance with a smooth trip.
(8) COOL RUNNINGS ships in for a barn that has had success here in the past. I’ll roll the dice with this roan since the competition is poor. (6) ART FOR LIVING took a shot last week and tired; another shot. (2) P J LUCKY gets class relief.
- 1.Posted 12/02/2013 02:02PM
- 2.Posted 12/02/2013 12:25PM
- 3.Posted 12/01/2013 06:53PM
- 4.Posted 12/01/2013 08:25PM
- 5.Posted 11/30/2013 05:05PM