- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Meadowlands: Saturday 3/30 Analysis
Race 1 - $25,000 Guaranteed Pick Five Pool
Race 3 - $35,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Race 7 - $75,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
MEET STATS: 60 - 279 / $352.40 BEST BETS: 10 - 24 / $39.80
Best Bet: BAKIN ON THE BEACH (7th)
Spot Play: MEGA LIGHTNING (10th)
(6) OLDE TIME HOCKEY was raced with the best interests of teaching the horse last week as opposed to winning the race. Let’s assume the tactics will be geared to winning tonight. (1) DEEP SEA HANOVER had no shot from post 8 at Pocono but his prior start was fine. (4) NICK FOTIU continues to show improvement. (3) CONTRABAND HANOVER is eligible to show more in his second start of the year.
(1) LETS ROCK TOGETHER chased through some pretty soft fractions and sprinted home for third in his first start since last August. Expecting more from this son of Rocknroll Hanover this week is reasonable. (5) ERES TU was given a relaxing trip last time from an outside post; capable. (4) ROCK ICON scored at Philly against easier but should be able to play with this group.
(6) ABELARD HANOVER received a little freshening and qualified back nicely. I’ll give him a narrow call in a close-knit race. (4) SILENT SWING blitzed a field at Pocono last time; very dangerous. (3) MAJOR BELLE always seems to be involved and now gets a barn change to the live Nick Surick stable. (7) HUGADRAGON has been good in the morning but I’ll watch one start.
(4) RELENTLESS DREAMER broke while leaving hard last time as the favorite. The price will be better now; another shot. (2) THANKS FOR STOPPIN finally gets away from post 10. Notice his last win came at this level. (9) YANKEE DEVIL also drops to the level of his last win and gets a driver that won’t be afraid to flaunt this guy’s early speed. (10) CORKY BARAN was wiped out last time; post hurts.
(9) CAMART HANOVER has been giving a good account of himself versus better foes. Gelding has proven his ability at this level in the past. (1) FANTADDY is clearly as fast as or faster than all of these. But he also tends to make mistakes. (8) KISS MY ART steps up but has dangerous early speed.
(10) CAMBASSADOR might be a stretch from post 10, but should offer good value in a race that figures to be hotly contested. (4) CANE RIDGE is the clearly one to beat but certainly not unbeatable. (2) LAGUNA BEACH finally draws an inside post where he can work out a better trip. (6) TAMAYO was a bit lackadaisical in the pocket last week. He is good enough to win.
(3) BAKIN ON THE BEACH has somehow gone winless in 10 starts this year. He is overdue and finds the perfect spot tonight. (7) TOWNSLIGHT HANOVER should be tighter in his second start of the year. This guy has proven that he can step up with a big mile from time to time. (10) MUSSELSFRMBRUSSELS could offer some value from the outside post. (6) HIGH NOON drops back down; tough call.
(3) GAELIC THUNDER returns to the C-1 level this week and certainly doesn’t face any killers. (2) POWER OF A MOMENT & (1) DJ LANCE raced well versus a very sharp Mortal Zin last week.
(3) MORTAL ZIN couldn’t have looked much better last week. Sometimes a class drop is all it takes to set one up for a winning streak. (9) MR DENNIS & (5) GRAMS LEGACY are two with ability but question marks. Either one could win but neither makes you feel confident. (2) WESTERN TRADEMARK has been closing well; moves inside.
(5) MEGA LIGHTNING drops down from the C-1 to the C-2 level. This guy has some legitimate excuses for his recent failures and is in a prime spot to awaken. (7) SKY TANTRUM stormed home from an impossible spot to just miss last week. He may just be coming around. (6) COME ON RIDGE has gotten consistent checks at this level.
(2) KEEP IT REAL got the job last week despite a long layoff. This field is just as easy. (1) BENNS SUPERMAN saved all the ground and finished well when clear against the top choice last time. (7) FOUR STARZ TWINS has been sharp for some time.
(9) AREZZO HANOVER did make a break last week and does draw outside this time. That said, this field is awful on paper and he has plenty of early speed to overcome post 9 in a hurry. (6) DUTCH RICHMAN seems to have found his form. (4) STALLONE BLUE CHIP comes off a win.
(4) ARC DE TRIUMPH is fast enough to beat these but doesn’t always behave. I’ll take a shot if the price is fair. (3) STORMIN RUSTLER drops out of claimers and is clearly the one to beat. (2) SIR MELOS Z TAM should have a shot if kept closer to the action. (1) ANDY BARAN was flat last time; capable.
Handicapped this card and wondering how Meadowlands has fallen so far. Brennan, Sears, Tetrick and Gingras all over at Yonkers. David Miller been racing there mid-week and can't be far behind. These horses could be the Thursday card at the Poconos. Yuk!
- 1.Posted 12/08/2013 09:52AM
- 2.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 3.Posted 12/08/2013 06:24PM
- 4.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 5.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM