- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Meadowlands: Saturday 2/9 Analysis
By Jay Bergman
Race 1 - $15,000 Guaranteed Pick Five Pool
Race 3 - $25,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Race 7 - $75,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
MEET STATS: 16 - 64 / $68.00 BEST BETS: 3 - 5 / $13.80
Best Bet: GAELIC THUNDER (12th) Spot Play: YO CHEYENNE ROCKY (1st)
(7) YO CHEYENNE ROCKY seems to have picked up nicely on the big track since his arrival. Four-year-old has exhibited speed and stamina and finds himself in the weakest of the three Exit 16W divisions. (6) BESTYETJET has become much harder to predict following consecutive breaks. Gelding has shown solid finishing speed and may be reserved this week. (1) PAPA RAY won impressively earlier this week at The Meadows and figures to be well spotted with the draw.
(8) HOLDINGALLTHECARDS has been flawless since his arrival in January. Cams Card Shark-sired gelding may have to work a bit harder to see the front here but seems to have the staying power. (4) MR DENNIS emerged with a huge mile and a sixteenth in last week's prep against arguably weaker. Recent acquisition will make a race of it. (1) SUNDAY POKER had no chance in his local debut but is expected to have more to say tonight.
(2) KINGS LEGEND has gotten his act together in a big way at Yonkers. Four-year-old returns to the big track and should keep rolling. (7) MAN HE CAN SKOOT has come on strongly for Virgil Morgan lately and has the speed to overcome the outside draw. (8) LINDWOOD PLAYER has raced consistently well with legitimate excuses, remains in top hands here.
(3) WHISKEY PETE needs to be followed. Former fast class performer is on the comeback trail and seems to be rounding into form. (7) ALEX BULLVILLE has shown positive signs over the last few weeks and is definitely classified at a winning level. (4) ANDY BARAN has shown speed and finishing power for Jeff Dauplaise and can take all.
(5) VODKA IS TERROR returns to Tetrick in the bike after a no chance effort. Four-year-old seems ready for a big mile. (9) PEMBROKE DEWEY made a solid move towards the lead and just faltered in the late stages at Yonkers last week. Four-year-old has the winning habit and may be capable of scoring here. (1) RINGO had no chance in his first trip for Remmen, better luck expected here.
(4) WOODSTOCK HANOVER gets a generous drop in class most likely due to a conflict with a stablemate rather than any performance shift. Veteran needs any kind of reasonable trip to score here. (9) OSCAR OSCAR went inside one pylon in the stretch on his way to victory last week and was taken down for the infraction. Last year's Meadowlands breakout performer seems to have found his edge. (3) A J CORBELLI may be more heavily bet this week off the improved effort last week.
(6) MCCLELLAND came up decidedly dull against a tougher crew last time; two back was a very encouraging pacesetting effort. Veteran loves this track. (5) MUSSELSFRMBRUSSELS put on aluminum shoes last week and flew through the stretch from a difficult spot. Ontario-sired invader may be more assertive early. (9) WESTERN TSUNAMI meets a much tougher group than he's been accustomed to but appears to have found the fountain of youth this year.
(4) PERRITO CALIENTE took advantage of an easy placement in his local debut. Recent Burke stable addition faces a formless crowd here. (3) FREDDY DAY HANOVER was a solid second in his last trip from the inside at this level. (10) DALHOUSIE DAVE has been showing some positive signs and figures to be leaving from this spot.
(5) LITTLE GOLD RING looked very sharp on the racetrack in his local debut last week. Miller remaining in the bike is a good sign. (1) FIVEKNUCKLESHUFFLE was used a few times in last and paid the price, can rebound with a better trip. (2) STAND BY CAM was hard-used early and paid for it in the end last time; remains a definite threat from this spot.
(6) OUTWARD BOUND had no chance in his first start this season. Four-year-old showed some promise last fall in Philadelphia and should be ready to assert himself for Miller. (1) WHATS THE STORY is expected to make good use of the rail especially in this large field. (12) PLEASE ME TWO went the best mile of his career in his local debut but faces a difficult journey here.
(7) ABELARD HANOVER remains razor sharp and gets the benefit of a small field. (6) INTHEBLINKOFANEYE is a very fast horse that could make things difficult for the choice early. (2) VOICE OF TRUTH may have to face the truth of an uncovered trip this week and that's something he hasn't proven up to yet.
(8) GAELIC THUNDER came off a three week layoff with a huge effort defeating what actually could be a tougher group than he's in with tonight. John McDermott trainee is razor sharp. (9) ODIN BLUE CHIP was victimized last week by a combination of a runaway winner and not a quick enough sprint at the start. Five-year-old just can't be that bad again. (10) GODDESS'S JUSTIN has been in with better at Yonkers.
(8) MAJOR TIPPER took on extreme pressure and held tenaciously under an avalanche of pressure in the stretch in his Meadowlands debut. Five-year-old should benefit from the effort. (9) SHEER DESIRE is Tetrick's choice and merits attention. (3) ERIDANUS N showed some talent late last fall and may appreciate the drop in class.
- 1.Posted 12/02/2013 02:02PM
- 2.Posted 12/02/2013 12:25PM
- 3.Posted 12/01/2013 06:53PM
- 4.Posted 12/01/2013 08:25PM
- 5.Posted 11/30/2013 05:05PM