- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Meadowlands: Saturday 2/2 Analysis
By Jay Bergman
Race 1 - $15,000 Guaranteed Pick Five Pool
Race 3 - $25,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Race 7 - $75,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
MEET STATS: 13 - 51 / $54.60 BEST BETS: 3 - 4 / $13.80
Best Bet: SCREEN THE CALL (2nd) Spot Play: CONNERY BLUE CHIP (10th)
(7) ODIN BLUE CHIP had no chance getting into the race in his first trip for Allard. Five-year-old meets a shorter field this week and should be forwardly placed. (8) ESPRIT DE KAYJAY A faces much weaker than he's been accustomed to and can overcome the outside draw. (3) OIL MAGNET ships in sharp for Burke.
(2) SCREEN THE CALL draws into a much softer group than he's met in his three local appearances and seems best. (4) CYCLONE ARTIST had no chance in last, two back he was an encouraging second at this level. (5) I DO HANOVER steps up after a solid victory but faces more seasoned foes.
(1) TIGER IN THE TANK actually finished reasonably well from an impossible spot against a better group. Four-year-old lands inside and remains in strong hands. (8) BIG TIME ROCKS may be generously classified; post a concern. (5) ASTOR showed high class potential at two and may be on the comeback trail.
(6) DEFYING GRAVITY has probably has had his fill of Holdingallthecards by now. Four-year-old has hinted at high class potential in a handful of starts. (5) MORGAN SHARK arrives with a string of others moving from the Seekman stable into the Burke's. (3) ON THE RADAR has been finishing consistently well but lacks the killer instinct.
(2) OSCAR OSCAR has been carefully handled in both 2013 starts. Seven-year-old was dominant here last year and seems ready to pick up where he left off. (7) A J CORBELLI gets a friendly drop in class after a needed start. Classy veteran has missed a few weeks but is dangerous. (4) TREND SPOTTER has speed to find his way into this.
(8) ABELARD HANOVER finished powerfully in his first start in three weeks. Classy five-year-old faces mostly weaker and should be looking towards the front. (10) VOICE OF TRUTH continues to get no help from the post position gods. Five-year-old has blossomed since returning but is still winless. (4) I FOUGHT DALAW held gamely for a much needed victory against cheaper. Four-year-old may be better suited coming off the pace against this crowd.
(3) GO WEST LUCKY CAM was used quite hard getting the front and then didn't seem all that comfortable taking a hold. Veteran moves inside and can surprise. (9) WESTERN TSUNAMI seemed worth of being classified after three straight strong miles against claimers. (1) IDEAL MATTERS has a good deal of back class and may have needed some starts to get stretched out.
(1) SONIC DANCER gets the drop in class he needs. (5) GAELIC THUNDER returns to classified company after a very game effort. (2) MAJOR TIPPER debuts locally for Burke.
(1) RHOMBUS drops to a winning level. Five-year-old hails from a solid barn. (5) RECENT NEWS changes classes for the third time in as many starts this time dropping off one sixth place finish. (9) RELENTLESS G showed a world of promise late last season and could get the ball rolling here for Tetrick.
(4) CONNERY BLUE CHIP took plenty of tote action from the outside last week and then didn't leave. Four-year-old moves inside this time and figures to be more aggressively handled. (11) RINGO moves into the Remmen stable and finds a solid spot in the second tier. (5) MR DENNIS had wholesale equipment changes last week, perhaps one or two too many.
(6) IN MINT CONDITION may have a reason to take money this week off the double drop in class. (8) GENERAL MONTGOMERY figures to look for the engine again. (1) DA VISION OF ART was solid here last season and is dangerous off the qualifier.
(7) STAND BY CAM went a pair of solid trips two and three starts back. Last week he simply had no chance. Seven-year-old faces decidedly weaker company this time though remaining at the same letter class. (9) CASIMIR CAMOTION seems to have found the fountain of youth at the current meet. Thirteen-year-old has looked sharp. (4) MAR DREAM should be tighter after some speed work last Saturday.
(6) WHISKEY PETE faces significantly weaker company in his second start on a long comeback trail. Former 1:48 pacer may not be the same as he was but none in here will ever be close to what he was. (2) JETTIN JUSTIN returns to the big track with what appears a generous classification. (10) WHOS YOUR MADDY didn't seem to be hampered by the shift in weather from Florida to New Jersey.
- 1.Posted 12/11/2013 03:00PM
- 2.Posted 12/10/2013 02:23PM
- 3.Posted 12/09/2013 01:54PM
- 4.Posted 12/10/2013 02:25PM
- 5.Posted 12/10/2013 01:46PM