- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Meadowlands: Saturday 12/29 Analysis
Race 1 - $16,769 Carryover into Pick Five Pool
Race 3 - $25,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Race 7 - $75,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet: HILLBILLY HANOVER (6th) Spot Play: SHAWS CREEK BUFF (11th)
(4) MCTUREESQUE got caught in a fast mile last week but his prior work is fine. This is certainly not the sharpest field and I can see him pulling off the upset. (1) RELENTLESS DREAMER qualified back okay. He should find some speed from the cones and did set his lifetime mark here this year. (2) TROTTOWN KING raced well last time and gets an interesting driver change this week.
(3) MYSTIC DESIRE perked up on the class drop and just sprinted a mile over at Freehold to prepare for this race. (2) SOUTHERN SPORT dug in nicely against the tough Special T Rocks in that qualifier. Harmon trainee usually does well here. (7) MIGHTY JOE YOUNG gets a bit of class relief and has done well here in the past.
(7) THE GREEN KNIGHT was sharp in his qualifier and raced well in his one big track start this year. (4) DOOMSDAY HANOVER has been consistent at Plainridge; this is tougher. (6) FRESH DREAM comes out of the same qualifier as the top choice and raced okay that morning. It looks like this guy has been in against better recently.
(7) NORTHERN BREAKOUT jumped it off it his first start for Ron Burke. I’ll give him a second chance in hopes of a better price. (10) SOCIAL NETWORK raced well in his first start since August. This guy has always had talent and perhaps he is finally ready to realize his potential. (3) GAELIC THUNDER has shown the ability to pop a big mile at any time.
(9) R CAAN wasn’t going anywhere from post eight at Yonkers last time. This guy has the early speed needed to get into the action and should be right there at the wire. (10) VARSITY HANOVER is another with early zip from an outside post. I can see him showing a bit more with the driver change tonight. (1) ROYAL MEETING displayed his talent in November with some big miles at Yonkers. I wouldn’t be comfortable tossing him.
(8) HILLBILLY HANOVER blitzed lesser last time and should have no problem with the class rise. Since entering the Burke barn he has been a different horse. (7) RIVER SHARK comes here in fine form and has always racing well at the Meadowlands. (6) WESTERN SHORE posted the fastest qualifying time of the morning last week. This classy guy is very capable if feeling right.
(4) GEORGETOWN N swept the field at Yonkers two starts back and that is not easy to do. He posted an even mile last week with no real shot. The big track should suit him. (5) ELECTROFIRE has been racing pretty well and moves into a top barn; does well here. (2) FOUR STARZ TRACE has picked up his game lately.
(7) RESCUE PLAN has been moving down the class ladder at Philly. He would be eligible to a cheaper condition under money earnings but looks like a fit in here regardless. (5) TREND SPOTTER comes out of a similar race as the top choice; must use. (8) MR DENNIS has reeled off some big miles at Philly and is hard to completely ignore.
(4) A SWEET RIDE was aimed high after the claim and now finds a more reasonable spot. Don’t toss him too quickly just because he was dull from post eight. (6) MORTAL ZIN has done his best work when he gets away from some of the top 3-year-olds. (10) GRAMS LEGACY found himself before that weak uncovered effort last time; capable.
(8) DINNER GUEST comes in sharp and actually seems to be facing slightly easier; good combo. (3) SONIC RAIDER has been racing well for some time now; use. (4) ETHAN HANOVER comes off a sharp score. (9) FAT MANS ALLEY has been closing at Yonkers. The bigger track could help.
(3) SHAWS CREEK BUFF qualified back nicely. It seems like he has been facing tougher up north. This field is full of question marks. (9) BROOKSTONE scored at first asking for Burke. (5) TOUGH LOVE exits the claiming ranks where the competition was likely sharper.
(3) PRESTISSIMO showed some signs of life last time. (2) TRADE EDITOR double-drops and hails from a top barn. (7) GENERAL MONTGOMERY is another veteran who got moving in the right direction last time.
(4) GIDDY UP DELIGHT drops down upon arrival and sports a strong 10-2-2-1 record here in 2012. (8) SCOTTY MACH N comes off a win and lures Tetrick away from (3) MAR DREAM, who is trained by a strong barn that usually gets his services. (11) AROCKIN HANOVER is sharp.
- 1.Posted 12/10/2013 02:23PM
- 2.Posted 12/09/2013 01:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/10/2013 02:25PM
- 4.Posted 12/10/2013 01:46PM
- 5.Posted 12/10/2013 01:42PM