- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsThoroughbred Past Performances
ReportsPremium NewsDigital PapersHorsemen's Products
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Equibase PPs
- TrackMaster PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- DRF TV
- StorePast Performances
- Compare all DRF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF Classic PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Expanded Closer Looks
- Equibase & Trackmaster PPs - Thoroughbred
Meadowlands: Saturday 12/26 Analysis
Race 3 - $30,000 Guaranteed Pick Five Pool
Race 5 - $25,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Race 9 - $50,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
MEET STATS: 54 - 157 / $287.90 BEST BETS: 6 - 12 / $17.90
Best Bet: FOX VALLEY LEGEND (13th)
Spot Play: COCOACABANA (4th)
(1) OVER AND OUT has come back from vacation with two decent races and doesn’t exactly face a group of world-beaters. (4) DREAMS OF THUNDER raced well with Lasix added and won’t be hurt by Campbell joining the team; must use. (9) CALIPARI finds a field without a ton of early zip and could fire away and take command. (8) SPICE IT UP LINDY is capable of winning this week but becomes a huge player if he doesn’t and drops in class next time.
(8) MAGENTA MAN comes off a solid victory and looks like an obvious chalk winner. (2) CYPRESS POINT raced much better in his second start for the new barn. Another barn change this week; hopefully keeps it going. (1) DOMINO VOLO has been cautiously handled thus far but certainly is a win candidate on his best.
I’m not crazy with (11) MOJARRA HANOVER starting from post 11, but she represents the best combination of talent and form in the race. (3) FAITHFUL FRIEND came up with an even effort at Philly after a long time on the sidelines. I give this 3-year-old a serious shot but fear she’ll be overbet considering the 1-for-15 lifetime record. (8) BORN TO DREAM is in a perfect spot to succeed and that is when these Pat Lachance trainees usually get aggressive. (9) LARGON LAURA can certainly be a threat with the right setup.
(1) COCOACABANA doesn’t offer the cleanest gait in the world, but has the ability to trot a pretty quick mile. If she behaves I’d expect a win. (4) FINISH LINE came up just short in his first start with hobbles. He is a clear threat to the winner. (8) CUP TOWN GIRL bested the former last week and rounds out the trio most likely to take a picture.
(11) NOT BEFORE EIGHT came uncovered and easily beat a slightly easier group last time. This filly has some ability and seems capable of handling this field at a better price. (1) CAPELA is a sharp horse with a major post edge on (10) CHEYENNE ROBIN, who has won three straight and beat her last week. Both figure as major players. (4) QUICK AINT FAIR qualified back in decent order and has a strong career record.
(8) CHARLES VII finished up very willingly in that qualifier with Lasix added. He was keeping good company at Yonkers and should have every chance tonight. (5) MERGATROID has been racing well for well over a month; using. (2) ULSTER has high speed and could run away and hide. (1) MARION MILLIONAIR has shown some closing speed of late.
(2) PURITY continues to climb the condition ladder with success and I see no reason to get off the bandwagon. (3) CLEAR VIEW HANOVER has proven herself at this track and the trainer in the bike means a better price. (6) GWENEEEE J raced well during the summer and her return qualifier was solid.
(1) SWEET JUSTICE was done in by post 10 last time but still raced reasonably well. In a field without an abundance of form, he is the one to beat. (6) SHEER FLEX had some late trot racing for this barn last time; drops tonight. (2) DANISH DURANGO also drops down and gets post relief; big threat. (7) LADY WINDSOR could be coming late if the pace scenario is favorable.
(6) UVA HANOVER rallied with good energy from an impossible spot in the Open a week ago and now catches a weaker field. (5) HYWAY MARCUS raced well with Lasix added and seems to be moving in the right direction now. (8) CASH ME OUT sprinted home in 26 4/5 last time; maybe. (11) TWEET ME is a horse that tends to show good life late in the mile. She has a shot with a clean trip.
(5) FANTICIPATION has typically raced well here while unable to visit the winner’s circle. Tonight she faces either dull foes or those moving up in class and will have every opportunity to get home first. (8) CNDIANA JONES was in against much tougher and stuck in post 10 last week. This is a prime spot. (1) LIZZIE’S DREAM doesn’t entice on the top of tickets at just 3 for her last 71, but she figures to flash speed and get a good piece. (11) LET HER ROCK should follow the former away from the second tier and get a nice piece.
(5) STITCH IN TIME was in over his head and made a break last time out. He fits in nicely with this very competitive field and should have every opportunity. (4) YOU ROCK MY WORLD won two straight then got stuck with an outside post at The Meadows; clear player back in NJ. (7) KEYSTONE THOMAS has won three straight and figures to be flying off the wings of the gate. (3) HOUSE OF CASH won against similar last time.
(4) SIR LEHIGH Z TAM finally gets a good post to start from after a trio of 10-holes. Lachance trainee has proven herself her in the past and has tactical speed if necessary. (1) PANCAKES can’t seem to get over the top but is clearly in good form; brush and crush try from inside? (2) EXHILARATED drops down after some nice efforts; hard to toss. (11) JANIE BAY can clearly win but hasn’t been as good lately as I thought she’d be.
(8) FOX VALLEY LEGEND stormed home in his last two versus better to be second and third. He should be able to handle this group. (2) INNER PEACE should be using his big early speed to get some separation on the favored top choice. (1) FEISTY LOVE figures to get away closer to the action this time around.
(3) BLUE MUSE has proven capable of dropping a big mile and this field ripe for the taking. (5) HASTY PROFFITT has been in tough from outside posts at Philly; better spot this week. (6) NAMESMUSCLE has won two of three starts for Burke.
(2) SHARP EDGE drops down off a decent effort and was able to lure Bongiorno off a Burke-trained horse. (3) JACKIE GOLDSTEIN closed well to beat the top choice last time; main danger. (4) DIVINATION moves into a good post for the first time in a few weeks. (10) MISS PANTHERS wouldn’t be a complete surprise but has some work to do from the poor post.
I'm thinking there should be some good payouts with no Yanick or the Miller boys, besides Campbell , Jeff Gregory might be the best option on the trotters he has a few live drives at good odds and he can still get it done on the trot. What do you think Derick?
I think you hit the nail on the head with Sir Lehigh Z Tam poor drawing horse but she'll be close enough to be charging home at decent odds. What about Detroit Rapper has to be worth a look from the rail ? Derick really appreciate your column its really nice that you don't pick the chalk in every race like a lot or harness columnist do.
nf happenstance no mention legit trotter. gregory could take the last 3
how does rock of cashel not get noticed in the 11th
tenth race #2 Bettor Chill Out will jog