- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsThoroughbred Past Performances
ReportsPremium NewsDigital PapersHorsemen's Products
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Equibase PPs
- TrackMaster PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- DRF TV
- StorePast Performances
- Compare all DRF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF Classic PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Expanded Closer Looks
- Equibase & Trackmaster PPs - Thoroughbred
Meadowlands: Saturday 1/2 Analysis
Race 3 - $30,000 Guaranteed Pick Five Pool
Race 5 - $25,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Race 9 - $50,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
MEET STATS: 57 - 172 / $305.90 BEST BETS: 7 - 13 / $21.50
Best Bet: ROCKIN WIZARD (11th)
Spot Play: MUST BE THE BUNNY (15th)
(1) FRATERNITY was racing very well when last seen a few weeks ago. He is perfect drawn to track the leader and pounce. (2) WICKED BUSINESS gets a chance to stretch out on the big track and deserves some consideration at a price versus a somewhat sketchy group. (9) AMPED UP has big early speed and finds himself in a new barn that can get a lot out of them. (8) CITY PIE drops back down but needs some pace help.
(7) MISSILE J has looked good in the morning and finished up his last start even better than the line looks. I’m not sure how aggressive he’ll be in his debut, but the price should be worth the risk. (5) THESPYWHOLOVEDME was used hard upon arrival and hung in there rather well; big threat. (1) BRED TO RACE gets big changes in the driver and trainer columns. I would caution that he’ll be overbet and hasn’t raced in more than four weeks. (11) MAJOR IN LIFE shows a string of performances that make him a contender in here.
(7) GIACODELIGHT drops down off a solid effort and should bring a top performance. (10) MIGHTY PERUVIAN N also gets class relief but is stuck with post 10 and loses Callahan to the top pick. (2) UF FAST FEELIN raced evenly off the claim; better post now. (3) WEGOTTATRUCKYEA was flying home last time. I’m just not sure he is fast enough to win tonight.
(2) KONA KID looks third best on paper which is why I’m in his corner. This looks like a good opportunity to play first-time Burke/Gingras at a decent price. (5) JACKSRLUCKYTOO & (6) MR CENSI finished one-two against each other last time and jump off the page as the ones to beat.
(10) DAVID’S DREAM looks tough to recommend coming off a trio of last place finishes out of town. Against a field where I’m not enamored with anyone, I’ll take a shot that he moves up on the big track. He did set his career mark here in 2015. (9) LETS ROCK TOGETHER has won three straight and merits serious consideration despite the rise in claiming price. (1) ALL WEEK won at first asking for the new trainer. (5) MONTREAL PHIL is a veteran in fine form.
(6) HOPE FOR BADLANDS drops a bit, as do a couple of others in here. He was used hard last time and may benefit from off the pace tactics this week. (2) ALLSTAR LEGEND came up a bit short after missing nearly three weeks. He has the class and speed to come up big. (11) BLATANTLY BEST is in better form than his tenth place finish would have you believe. (3) CASTLE FLIGHT is off a strong race.
(3) SUNFIRE BLUE CHIP is back down in class after a decent third in the Open ranks and should be able to handle this bunch. (6) BETTOR THAN YOU has speed and enough form to get a big piece and maybe even pull off an upset. (4) DUEL IN THE SUN is another racing well now. Mark Ford trainee made over $135k last year; tops in the field by far.
(9) RESTLESS NATIVE & (8) INTHEBLINKOFANEYE are the outside speed in a bulky field going an added eighth of a mile, so many may discount their chances somewhat. Let’s remember that the extra distance gives these horses on the outside more ground before the first turn. I’m expecting them to go a long way and one should win. (14) GONE NUCLEAR has plenty of form and the ability to kick home late. Avoiding traffic from the second tier is the main issue. (5) GODDYALLYOUGOT has proven more of a small track horse, but this barn did bring home a winner with its one starter.
(1A) ONTARIO SUCCESS has proven to be a reliable horse that tends to bring his best game more often than not. As part of a strong Burke trained entry, they seem like a worthwhile pick. (9) DOCTOR BUTCH is the class of this race. If Campbell can work out a smooth trip from post 10, he is the one to beat. (8) KINGOFTHEJUNGLE couldn’t be any sharper; post hurts. (7) BUSHWACKER is in career form but now moves from Dover to Meadowlands.
(4) ROAD UNTRAVELED comes off a sharp score at Philly and should be a fair price in this spot. (5) KINGS BARNS is another one in fine form. He just missed at this level last time. (6) OUR DRAGON KING hasn’t performed very well in this condition, but this really isn’t a bad spot for him.
(2) ROCKIN WIZARD has been done in by outside posts and some tougher competition lately. This looks like the perfect spot. (1) COOPERSTOWN finished ahead of the top choice last time from a better post and could prove to be the speed of the race. (8) REAL NICE finished fast a week ago and does have a load of back class.
This is a rather weak NW $11,000 field. (1) BUGGER BRUISER has the early speed to secure close position and the class to get the job done in the stretch. (2) HERE COMES SWIFTY only has one race since November 1. If ready he can win. (5) GARNET RIVER A has been trying to close at Yonkers; losing tactics. He did win here last year.
(11) A REAL MIRACLE was speed-tightened last time in his second start off the layoff. The drop in class should make him tough this week. (9) SOMESIZESOMESTYLE returns from a three-month break off two good qualifiers for a barn that has done well this meet. (7) A STITCH IN TIME was second when last seen at this level. (3) HE ROCKS THE MOON is worth a look on the barn change.
(1) TWIN B SPY seems to be coming into form and faces a field lacking that quality. (4) CELEBRITY SCANDAL wasn’t bad last time considering he had missed a few weeks due to sickness; maybe. (9) SOME MAJOR BEACH has the early zip to overcome the outside post.
(2) MUST BE THE BUNNY isn’t the best horse on the planet, but he finds himself in a great spot this week. Eleven-year-old should be able to find a way to win. (4) ASOKA N freaked with a huge mile after adding Lasix; again? (11) UP UP AND OUT comes off a decent try; factor. (5) LAUXMONT CAPRI only lost by a few lengths last time; driver change.