- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Meadowlands: Saturday 1/19 Analysis
By Jay Bergman
Race 1 - $15,000 Guaranteed Pick Five Pool
Race 3 - $25,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Race 7 - $75,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet: GOLDEN RECEIVER (11th) Spot Play: UNRAVELED (4th)
(3) SILVER EAGLE was dead game in victory two starts back. Last week he powered home impressively while no threat. Five-year-old is razor sharp and seems worthy value in here. (4) MCCLELLAND has prepped for his Meadowlands return in fine fashion at Dover. Veteran has a powerful closing kick and loves this stretch. (6) RESCUE PLAN has been on fire for the Poliseno stable.
(5) FRESH DREAM did well to finish a distant third going overland against a tougher group. Four-year-old has the necessary speed to secure early position. (8) HE ROCKS IT ALL held creditably in his first start in a month. Lightly-raced four-year-old is in live hands. (3) NATIVE SPEED was given a solid tightener in his Meadowlands debut and can't be ignored.
(6) MILLIONDOLLARTOUCH ships in sharp for top trainer Corey Johnson. Ontario-bred can handle the bump in class. (7) ESPRIT DE KAYJAY A returns to a more comfortable level for the improving Surick stable. (1) ON THE RADAR may be more forwardly placed from this spot.
(6) UNRAVELED closed impressively from an impossible spot in his four-year-old return. Callahan opted this way over some other competitive types. (1) MAJORLY BAD should be positioned closer to the speed this time. (9) FIFTYSHADESDARKER ships in razor sharp from Dover but draws the worst of it.
(2) ALEX BULLVILLE picks up Gingras off the drop in class and should respond. (5) CASIMIR CAMOTION may not win as often as he once did but still gives his all every time out there. Now 13-year-old is a factor with a trip. (10) DANAS SHARP SMART returned from a long absence with a solid placing. With his early speed he can overcome the draw.
(7) VOICE OF TRUTH has been blistering in the stretch in all three local appearances. Improving five-year-old faces a field void of holding speed. (8) BAKIN ON THE BEACH has been extremely hard-used in his last two efforts and held well on both occasions. Mark Harder trainee once again draws poorly. (1) CROMAC JOHNNY N took a liking to the big track in his debut and may have not found his proper level yet.
(5) NO BU raced conservatively in both local starts for Allard and should be on the move early in this company. (8) IDEAL MATTERS qualified back strongly for his return and always does well over this oval. (2) LINDWOOD PLAYER found room quite late last week and was charging home; four-year-old moves inside and must be respected.
(6) MIGHTY YOUNG JOE gets class relief after being overdriven last time out. (8) RECENT NEWS flew in the stretch following an impossible trip and must get respect here despite the step up the ladder. (3) TAKEMEWITHYOU drops and figures to improve somewhat.
(4) MUSSELSFRMBRUSSELS didn't seem to be traveling smoothly in both starts since arriving from Ontario. Five-year-old has a world of talent and may have actually benefitted from the time off. (5) LAWGIVER HANOVER may find the front with little difficulty this week. (8) OSCAR OSCAR was difficult to beat here last season. Reformed claimer qualified back reasonably well and can't be overlooked.
(12) ALBION kept up fairly well against a much tougher field in his Meadowlands return. Veteran gets Dave Miller back in the bike and could work out a trip from the second tier. (7) GENERAL MONTGOMERY has enough early speed to overcome this spot and is as sharp as any here. (10) BOILER BOB THE QB is another with a good history at the Meadowlands. Post a problem but Gingras will have him in motion early.
(6) GOLDEN RECEIVER should once again advance to the front against this group. Leading aged pacer has been brilliant thus far. (2) MODERN LEGEND was actually quite encouraging finishing third in his first trip against this quality stock. Five-year-old should benefit from the trip. (1) FRED AND GINGER is the best placed of the Burke quartet.
(8) SONIC DANCER was in against a much tougher group of horses when he campaigned here last year. McDermott-trained stallion went evenly in his local return and may be more motivated off the drop. (3) KEYSTONE RAPTOR has been a pleasant surprise on the big track. (5) MIDAS BLUE CHIP gets a quick drop in class after a no-chance mile and is dangerous.
(3) OL MAN RIVER ships into a formless field after a string of no-chance miles at The Meadows. Veteran hails from a solid stable and draws well. (1) STORMIN RUSTLER moves into classified company and has controlling speed. (9) ASTOR has raced much tougher north of the border and may be ready to strike off the layoff.
Golden Was a $80,000 purchase that was facilitated by trainer Jake Huff Based out of FLA. Jake is also an instimental part of stable 45 (Gene Kursrock) and has been a close bussiness associate of Goldens trainer Mark Harder. Together they have help several other horse gain millionare status. Jake will be bach at Pocono Downs for the spring meet with several babies and a barn that will be full of starters. If the claim box isn't as hot as a fire cracker he should do well.
- 1.Posted 12/05/2013 01:44PM
- 2.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/06/2013 03:20PM
- 4.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 5.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM