- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsThoroughbred Past Performances
ReportsPremium NewsDigital PapersHorsemen's Products
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Equibase PPs
- TrackMaster PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- DRF TV
- StorePast Performances
- Compare all DRF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF Classic PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Expanded Closer Looks
- Equibase & Trackmaster PPs - Thoroughbred
Meadowlands: Friday 7/15 Analysis
Race 1 - $30,000 Guaranteed Pick Five Pool
Race 3 - $25,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Race 7 - $50,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
CHAMPIONSHIP MEET STATS: 89 - 235 / $500.20 (+$30.20)
BEST BETS: 12 - 20 / $32.10 (-7.90)
Best Bet: EVERY WAY OUT (2nd)
Spot Play: WHAT THE HILL (4th)
(3) BRANDOS MUSCLE MAN has been facing better competition, including World Cup, who would trounce this group. Capable amateur Monica Banca should be leaving early and sit a trip behind (6) KEYSTONE THOMAS, who always shows early speed and usually gets a big piece of the purse. (4) DREAM ROCKER has been racing reasonably well and seems to be in a pretty good spot.
(6) EVERY WAY OUT was a dominant winner versus this crew each of the last two weeks and should be even better for new trainer Dylan Davis following the private purchase. (1) DEO GALILEO has chased the top choice for second in consecutive starts and seems destined to complete a $3.20 exacta. (3) FOUNDMYTREASURE seems evenly matched with the rest while two seconds slower than the top pair.
(9) INTERNATIONAL MONI seeks to become the first foal (in 10 tries) from the great Moni Maker to achieve major success. Her connections reached across the Atlantic to try top French stallion Love You in hopes the change will help. Off some good qualifiers and facing a questionable group, this colt looks like a player. (5) JACKSON’S GOLD finally behaved last time. Should we take that as a sign of good things to come? (1) BEACH CREDIT qualified nicely and drew inside.
(5) WHAT THE HILL was a bit green on the final turn but really kicked it into another gear through the stretch last week. Improving 2-year-old son of Muscle Hill should provide value and doesn’t seem that far behind the favorites. (2) ETERNAL PATROL switches to John Campbell in the bike this week and could easily drop a few seconds. (3) NEW JERSEY VIKING is the clear one to beat after his powerful 1:55 4/5 win, but I’m not ready to take a shorter price on him just yet.
(5) SUMATRA was closing late but never getting to a well-rated winner last week. This should be his week for a photo in the winner’s circle. (7) CLEMENTINE DREAM drops down and figures to be in line for another aggressive steer; must use. (3) NOWUCIT NOWUDONT gets a catch-driver this week and this tricky-to-drive gelding should bring a good effort.
(6) CHECKMATE TIME showed some guts and versatility while remaining undefeated last week. This Final is certainly tougher than the preliminary legs, but I have to give her the edge off what I’ve seen so far. (3) EVELYN took a shot at the top choice last time but couldn’t sustain on the rim. The driver change this week to Andy McCarthy is interesting. (8) ARIANA G was an easy winner in the slop in her lone career start. Jimmy Takter trainee could be any kind and will likely be heavily backed at the windows. (2) WAFFLE CONE gave the top pick all she could handle a week ago but I was never convinced she could head her.
(6) LOVINEVERYMINUTE could be overlooked a bit while coming off a pair of seventh-place finishes. Richard Johnson-trained mare is dropping out of Open company and can turn things around in a hurry. (2) THAT WOMAN HANOVER never got involved last time versus better, but her best game is on or near the lead and she should have a clear shot at those positions from the better post. (3) SASSA HANOVER is another getting some post relief. She seems to be racing slightly better with Lasix added.
(2) FLYING ISA N finished up with steady trot in his U.S. debut. Many times these Down Under imports pick up their games in start number two. (6) WINNING DOUBLE drops down to the level of her last win. (3) SOUTHWIND POSEIDON was hounded on the lead and held gamely late last time; clear player.
(6) FLIGHT DECK N is another New Zealand import for finished up well in his first trip over the track. Since he’ll like provide more value than (4) OUR JERRY LEE N, who won in a sharp 1:51 1/5 last week, I’ll take the price and hope for improvement. (3) OUREA NOURRIR should keep his form for the new barn. (1) MILLIONDOLLAR WAVE comes off a good try in this condition.
(7) CELEBRITY EXPRESS was a solid qualifying winner in his first start with hobbles added. Maybe the equipment change was all this colt needed to turn the corner. (1) KING OF MAGIC has hinted at ability but remains on the green side. Perhaps Gingras can find the answer. (4) I WISH I COULD is another who showed improvement with hobbles added.
(1) LIVINGINTHEDREAM has taken care of business easily enough in the opening legs of this series and looks like a legitimate 1-5 shot, albeit not one I would feel confident betting strongly. (9) WONDERFUL WORLD has been second best behind the top pick in each of her 2016 starts and seems destined for another runner-up finish. (4) STRONGRTHANDASTORM made a nice middle move before tiring last time. If you are looking for an upsetter, she is probably your best play.
(5) THE POKESTER seems like a great hunch play with all the Pokemon chatter in the news. Anyway, he double-drops in claiming price and should be on the move from the word GO. (1) FOUR STARZZZ Z sprinted home in 26 3/5 while facing much better in his recent qualifiers; fits here. (6) ROADWAY and DABUNKA both have form but lack early speed. Can they get into the race?
(2) MOONLIGHT RANSOM was stuck behind foes and never had the chance to stretch his legs last week. Veteran performer gets class relief tonight and should be put into play. (7) URBANITE HANOVER has improved with the combination of the trainer change and Lasix; playable. (6) FIRSTCLASSALLTHWAY has been given a freshening by trainer Ron Burke and did come home nicely in his qualifier. (5) WHATAORSE
(3) BODACIOUS BECKY looked like a different horse in her second start for this barn last week. Five-year-old drops down tonight and should prove tough. (7) JANIE BAY is the logical chalk off her recent form. (2) MILLWOOD FAITH N has been steady since coming to America. (1) M A JACKIE should sit in striking position and have a shot to menace.