- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Meadowlands: Friday 12/28 Analysis
Race 1: $15,000 Guaranteed Pick Five Pool
Race 3: $25,000 Guaranteed Early Pick Four Pool
Race 7: $50,000 Guaranteed Late Pick Four Pool
Best Bet: CAMBASSADOR (12th) Spot Play: DON'T KNOW CHIP (8th)
(5) R SAM has been racing in a tougher class than most of these lately. Plus those outside posts weren’t doing him any favors. It is worth noting that he is the only one in the field with a Big M win this year. You can’t ignore that fact. Only negative is that Tetrick chose elsewhere. (3) BERKSHIRE has been racing well. (1) CELEBRITY HERCULES hasn’t had a great year but comes off a confidence building score.
(5) FULL EXPLOSION is perfect since coming down from Maine. It remains to be seen if she can handle the tougher competition, but I’ll take a shot. (8) FAST AND FIESTY went a super mile at Yonkers two back and has the speed to overcome the outside post. (2) ARTIES LAST PARTY is another with some Yonkers credentials; maybe.
(10) FINANCE THE MASTER is as good as any of these and has shown some success here in the past. I’ll roll the dice and hope the trip works out. (4) FLOWMASTER comes off a win and gets Tetrick. (5) NORTHERN RIVER closed well last time and should be a fit at this level.
(3) B L CLASS ACT finds a field with a good amount of early speed to set him up. On paper his earnings say he is overmatched, but he spent plenty of time on the Billings amateur circuit and was racing in cheap races at Hazel Park earlier in the year. (7) SPICE IT UP LINDY is the fastest this year and had no chance from those outside posts at Philly. (6) ARUBA VACATION could be the last of the early speed types to the front; capable. (10) PROUD MOMENT has had plenty of success here over the years.
(1) OLE MISS put together a nice year but has been a bit stale of late. Now she comes down for Burke and gets a fresh set of hands in Gingras. (7) ANGELWITHNATTITUDE has come back from a layoff in pretty good form. Plus she can do it from on or off the pace. (8) WILDFIRE OSBORNE has won a third of her races and sports some sparkling form.
(4) MAGNUM KOSMOS has won 2 of his last three against lesser competition but has been known to step up his game from time to time. Assuming the price is healthy, I’d take a shot with him on top. (6) SEA RAVEN is clearly in form now but is 0-11 here over the last three years; mixed feelings. (9) PICTURES OF MILLER held her ground well after missing a year of action. I wouldn’t be shocked if she stepped up. (5) ELLENS ISLE looks like the one to beat but is a tough bet as the favorite in this competitive field.
(4) RUB THING comes off a very nice mile at Yonkers. She knows how to win here and should take charge early. (1) ALL ABOUT KISSES is the leading money winner in the field this year. Her recent races have all come against tough competition from outside posts on half mile tracks. While she is o-for-2 here this year, she had bad trips in both starts. I like her in this spot but downgraded her due to the lack of a top catch-driver. (5) CHIEF KAREN has been saving ground and pouncing lately. During the winter that trip can pay dividends at the Meadowlands. (9) MJS BID has looked good lately, but this 3-year-old benefitted from good trips and pace setups.
(1) DON’T KNOW CHIP qualified back very well and knows his way around this track. I’ll take a shot with him at what should be a reasonable price. (6) HARBOR POINT certainly looks good on paper and comes highly recommended from one of my top insiders. (5) WIND SURFER has been keeping good company and comes off a throw-out mile. (3) ICE MACHINE & (4) THE CHANCELLOR are both coming off wins. Neither would be a surprise in here.
(5) SLEAZY DOES IT looks like a questionable pick on paper, but has proven fast enough earlier on this year and might just need the bigger track right now. It is worth noting that this barn was heating up in the final days of the meet at Yonkers. (1) CAROLSIDEAL seems to be in career form. (9) RYDER BLUE CHIP is certainly capable if she gets a bit of luck.
(11) INFORM has some excuses for his recent failures and has double the wins here over the previous two years than any of the rest of the field. I’ll take a shot with him in this wide open race. (4) BRONSON BLUE CHIP would not be in this race if they were using an earnings cap. He has a bunch of recent wins. (8) CHEYENNE OXE has been stuck outside or in fast miles over at Yonkers. Don’t be shocked if this guy steps up at a price. (1) BRANDONS COLT comes off a decent effort.
(4) HOSTESS LISA seems to have picked up her game with Lasix added. (10) CARAMEL CHINNO went a good mile in her first start for Fraley; big threat despite post. (6) PAY TRIBUTE returned from a two month break with a good try. (3) PERSUASIVE HANOVER has fared well here this year.
(2) CAMBASSADOR was nabbed by trainer Mark Silva for the bargain basement price of $10,000 out of his last start. Silva campaigned this guy twice in 2012 (both at Meadowlands) and won both races while setting his lifetime mark. (4) STORMIN RUSTLER & (1) WILDSVILLE are coming off of decent half-mile track efforts.
- 1.Posted 12/05/2013 01:44PM
- 2.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/06/2013 03:20PM
- 4.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 5.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM