- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Meadowlands: Friday 1/18 Analysis
Race 1 - $15,000 Guaranteed Pick Five Pool
Race 3 - $25,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Race 7 - $50,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
MEET STATS: 13 - 67 / $74.20 BEST BETS: 2 - 6 / $9.00
Best Bet: FOUNTAINBLEAU VOLO (9th) Spot Play: CONNERY BLUE CHIP (2nd)
(3) CELEBRITY BOMBAY had every right to need a start after not competing since September. Pierce in the bike is also a plus. (8) ZUEREST is another who should be tighter with a start under his best. He’ll be leaving fast and could easily take these all the way. (2) IRON WILL has been closing pretty well lately.
(6) CONNERY BLUE CHIP was driven conservatively in his first start in months. While he wasn’t exactly storming home, the track was pretty sloppy and I can give him a bye. Having outdrawn his main rivals, I’d like to see some speed this week. (8) SCREEN THE CALL raced very well off the bench and could certainly show more this week. He is a must use on every ticket. (7) BESTJETYET was solid in round one action. (2) THE GREEN KNIGHT would have finished better than sixth with racing room in the stretch. It was a troubled trip but he needs more to beat these.
(4) SOAPY SAP couldn’t handle the uncovered trip last time. I think we might see early speed in this spot; adds Lasix. (2) KINGS CAVALIER drops a notch and is a trip player. (6) BIG BALLER has been racing well for a hot barn.
(2) KINGS LEGEND is going to have his hands full trying to down (7) HOLDINGALLTHECARDS, but his qualifier was very sharp and he needs a win to guarantee a spot in the final. I’ll take a shot but back up in my multi-race exotics with the former at 2-5 or so. (9) ETHAN HANOVER has been very consistent lately.
(6) DON’T KNOW CHIP gets my narrow call in this race on the price angle. He was flat last time, but he can wake up in a hurry and I think we will get decent odds on this capable veteran. (4) JUST LIKE LLOYD has been on a roll up north and this barn finally got on the board with a win Saturday. (1) ZOOMING only needs a smooth trip to get a piece. (5) NOT AFRAID has some ability. This is a big test.
(10) ELUSIVE REWARD was used hard on the engine last week and paid the price. He sheds $5k from his claiming tag this time around and faces a field without a plethora of early zip. (4) ROCKNROLL JEWEL could be sitting pretty in the pocket. (3) IN MINT CONDITION seems capable of winning if he can mind his manners.
When this became an 8-horse field it changed all of my handicapping thinking. (8) TACS DELIGHT was originally my third choice starting from post 10 in this tough field, but moving in two slots should make all the difference for this guy. The four weeks off presents some concern but I would have to see something bad in the post parade to make me rethink the selection. (4) ALL ABOUT JUSTICE has already won in a similar condition and now gets Tetrick and an inside post advantage over the other speed. (6) UNEFOISDANSMAVIE is on quite a roll. (7) ICE MACHINE is clearly capable.
(2) DRAGON PRINCESS gets another unenthusiastic call in this tough race. She comes off a decent effort in a bulky field. (1) MISS SAND CREEK raced well despite a tough trip last time; Tetrick drives. (5) FOR ALL WE KNOW should show speed and get a nice piece. (10) SLEAZY DOES IT drops a notch. He is going to surprise one day.
(2) FOUNTAINBLEAU VOLO was under a hold most of the stretch last time and finished fast when clear. He usually races well here and this is certainly a winnable spot. (8) IN YOUR ROOM has plenty of early speed and drops a notch; long shot play. (1) FLASHY LADY was a bit flat after missing four weeks of action; more tonight? (4) VICTORY NUT jumped it off and never got to show what he had last time.
(7) REILLYS DAUGHTER clearly needed the race last week. This gal did very well here last year and should be ready for more with a three race cushion of qualifiers and one race. (4) OLE MISS clearly improved with Lasix added. (12) GORDYYS PET has started the meet on fire and is hard to ignore. (9) ELLEOFNXAMPLE is a stone closer. It is hard to stomach a horse that might get away nith or worse as a possible favorite.
(6) ONE THROUGH TEN is hard to look past in this spot. (4) ARTHUR raced pretty well in his most recent considering the trip and short layoff. (5) VODKA IS BETTER looks good other than the break two back.
(7) AUTUMN MAGIC won’t be high on my list of best on Friday, but she does stick out on form. (1) DE VINS GIRL couldn’t rally into soft fractions in her latest race; contender. (6) CLEAR VIEW HANOVER had no chance getting away at the back in a bulky field.
- 1.Posted 04/12/2013 01:51PM
- 2.Posted 12/04/2013 07:01PM
- 3.Posted 12/04/2013 11:20AM
- 4.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 5.Posted 12/05/2013 02:15PM