10/12/2005 12:00AM

Meadowlands cancels Wednesday card

Email

EAST RUTHERFORD - The Meadowlands Racetrack cancelled the Wednesday night program due to the continuing heavy rainfall in the New York metropolitan area.

It was the third straight Big M card impacted by the weather.

The track ran only one race Saturday and three on Tuesday afternoon before canceling the remainder due to uneven track conditions.

As of Wednesday morning, no decision had been as to whether the track will run on Thursday night.

The race office announced there will be no turf racing on Thursday or Friday nights.

As a result, the Grade 3, $150,000 Cliff Hanger Stakes at 1 1-16 miles on the turf slated for Friday has been rescheduled for Oct. 22.