- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Louisiana Racing Commission suspends trainer for three years
The Louisiana Racing Commission has suspended owner-trainer Joseph Randy Hebert a total of three years after eight horses in his care tested positive for benzonatate, a Class 2 medication violation. All of the horses won their races during a two-week span in July at the Delta Downs meet for Quarter Horses. Hebert has a 30-day window to appeal, but his suspension will begin Dec. 2, said a spokesperson for the commission. The purses of the races Hebert’s starters won were ordered redistributed.
* Fair Grounds on Tuesday received approval from the Louisiana Racing Commission to add two dates to its 2013 calendar, Nov. 15-16. Track officials wanted to secure the dates in the event Fair Grounds is awarded the Challenge Championships for Quarter Horses, a track spokesperson said. Fair Grounds hosted the event in 2010. The dates would create the option of running the Challenge Championships over two days, in a format that could provide for some Thoroughbred races also, as horses will already be at Fair Grounds preparing for the fall meet that opens each Thanksgiving. Fair Grounds is not expected to run the two dates if not awarded the Challenge Championships.
* Under a new Louisiana rule that will go into effect Dec. 20, horses with common ownership running in stakes races worth $50,000 or more may be uncoupled at the discretion of the stewards.
It is about time that the LRC is doing something about the trainers that will abuse horses that race or taken illegally from owners and then expect that nothing was done wrong-the LRC really need to watch this person R Hebert- He is not to be trusted!!!!!!!!!!!! He has broken my heart when I trusted him with my horses in the past.
Does anyone have a list of the disqualified horses?
What are the horses names that had the bad tests?
Steve Crist, This story belongs on your front page along with Hawthorne...
- 1.Posted 12/08/2013 09:52AM
- 2.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 3.Posted 12/08/2013 06:24PM
- 4.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 5.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM