- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Hoosier Park: Salty Strike takes George Stakes on Indiana Derby undercard
By John McDulin
Salty Strike was kept mid-pack early by jockey Victor Lebron before rallying into the stretch and drawing off to win the $105,000 Mari Hulman George Stakes at Hoosier Park on Saturday. The Hillsdale was one of 10 stakes on the best card of the Hoosier meet, which was topped by the Indiana Derby.
Trained by Ken McPeek, Salty Strike won by a length and a half and ran the mile and a sixteenth in 1.43.14 over a good track. Brushed by a Star was second and Action Lady was third. Salty Strike returned $7.80 to win.
* Hurricane Ike prompted the early pace from the outside under jockey Terry Thompson to upper stretch before drawing off to win the $104,000 Michael G. Schaefer Memorial. Trained by Michael Stidham, Hurricane Ike ran the mile in 1.36.76 over a good track. Good Lord was second and post time favorite Hoorahforhollywood was third. Hurricane Ike returned $18.60 to win.
* Indiana Charlie came from just off the early pace to win the $87,000 Hillsdale for 2-year-old Indiana bred horses by a half-length. Trained by Bill Hall, Indiana Charlie returned $18.40 to win and ran the 5 1/2 furlongs in 105.54. over a muddy, sealed track. Indiana Charlie was ridden by Amanda Tamburello.
* Ladystartyourengine under Daniel Coa prompted the pace from the outside before rallying into the stretch to win the $88,000 City of Anderson in the filly version of the stakes for 2-year-old Indiana-breds. The final margin of victory was a length and three-quarters. Blades Image was second and Over the Counter was third. The running time over a muddy, sealed track was 1.04.72. Ladystartyourengine returned $13.60 to win for trainer Michael Passero.
* Twice Mike came from near the back of the pack of Indiana-bred 3-year-old colts and geldings to win the $87,000 Hoosier Breeder's Sophomore by a length. Trained by Richard Kohnhorst and ridden by Corey Lanerie, Twice Mike ran the mile and a sixteenth in 1.43.86 over a muddy, sealed track and returned $18.80 to win. Sneakin Away was second and Prince of Time was third.
* Yeardely prompted the early pace from the outside before taking over in the stretch and draw off to win by 8 1/4 lengths in the $87,000 Hoosier Sophomore filly division. Saint D'aroak was second and Glossed and Found was third. Yeardely was ridden by Fernando De La Cruz for trainer Walter Abner. Yeardely returned $6.80 to win and ran the mile and a sixteenth over a muddy, sealed track in 1.44.55.
* Unreachable Star came from far back in the stretch to win the $88,000 Gus Grissom Memorial for older Indiana-bred horses. Jockey Marlon St. Julien was aboard for trainer Tim Glyshaw when he won by two lengths. The running time for the mile and a sixteenth over a muddy, sealed track was 1.44.82. Joe's Keeper was second and Strawberry Amour was third. Unreachabke Star returned $7.40 to win.
* Ain't She a Saint came from far back early to win the $88,000 Richmond Stakes for Indiana-sired fillies and mares by 5 1/4 lengths. Trained by Jeff Greenhill, Ain't She a Saint ran the mile and a sixteenth under Corey Lanerie in 1.44.91 over a muddy track. Sheza Cozy Gal was second and Sweetonrich was third. Ain't She a Saint returned $4 to win.
- 1.Posted 12/08/2013 09:52AM
- 2.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 3.Posted 12/08/2013 06:24PM
- 4.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 5.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM