06/02/2014 12:56PM

Harness: She's Da Bomb shut down for the year

Email
New Image Media
She's Da Bomb won five of eight starts as a 2-year-old.

She’s Da Bomb, one of the top 2-year-old pacing fillies from 2013, will be shut down for the remainder of 2014 according to owner Joe Bellino.

The Tony O’Sullivan-trained daughter of Art Major-Armbro Bombay qualified three times before finishing a disappointing sixth in her first start of the year on May 24.

“They couldn’t find anything wrong with her so we did some nuclear photography,” said Bellino. “We got the call yesterday (Sunday) that she has bone bruises and they recommended that she take a couple of months off.

“Rather than try to bring her back soon, we decided to give her the rest of the year to grow out of it. After that we’ll decide whether to breed her to Rock N Roll Heaven or Pet Rock next year, or race her as a 4-year-old.”

[DRF HARNESS: Sign Up for the FREE newly designed DRF Harness Newsletter!]

She’s Da Bomb won five of eight starts and earned $211,346 in her rookie year of racing. She took her lifetime mark of 1:50 3/5 at the Red Mile last September.

In other Bellino stable news, Muscle Network, a winner of $314,314 and the Valley Victory final at the Meadowlands as a 2-year-old, has been moved from the Jonas Czernyson barn to trainer Ake Svanstedt.

Czernyson scored immediate dividends in the Valley Victory last year after taking over for Tony O’Sullivan, but despite high hopes, 3-year-old trotting colt had yet to show any advancement on the track in 2014, with three lackluster qualifiers and a disappointing third in his lone pari-mutuel start.

“We talked about a couple of trainers and Ake seemed to be doing well, so we decided to give him a try,” said Bellino, who clearly felt bad about the switch but wanted to get a different set of eyes on the horse.

Muscle Network’s next major stakes assignment is the Earl Beal eliminations on June 21.