09/01/2006 12:00AM

Etc. . . .

Email

Magna Entertainment Corp., the racetrack owner and operator, has closed a transaction to buy the remaining shares in the bet-processing company AmTote. Magna, which already owned 30 percent of the company, purchased the remaining 70 percent of AmTote for $13.6 million in cash, according to the company. . . . The California legislature on Friday voted against a compact that Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger had reached with six Native American tribes to expand their casinos in the state. The compact was opposed by unions and did not have the support of the Democratic party. . . . Congrats, a Grade 2 winner who retired earlier this year to CloverLeaf Farms II in Reddick, Fla., will have a $12,500 fee in his initial season in 2007. Congrats is a Grade 1-placed son of A.P. Indy and Praise (by Mr. Prospector) with a record of 7-3-5 from 26 starts and earnings of $998,960.