09/01/2012 9:18PM

Del Mar: Pick-six carryover of $182,318 for Sunday's card

DEL MAR, Calif. – The pick-six carryovers continue at Del Mar.

After two-day carryovers on Aug. 26 and Friday, there is a one-day carryover of $182,318 for Sunday’s 11-race program.

Considering the size of the fields of Sunday’s pick-six races, the bet may be tough to hit. The pick-six races have fields of 10, 9, 10, 10, 12, and 10. The final four races actually have more entrants, but there are safety limits of 10 or 12 starters, depending on the distances. Late scratches in those races will be announced Sunday morning.

[Complete coverage of racing at Del Mar: News, PPs, and video]

The carryover was confirmed after Saturday’s 10th race, when the 9-1 shot Press Baron pulled an upset. There were wins in the first two pick-six races Saturday by the outsiders Pack Your Bags ($42.60) and Dirty Swagg ($21.80).

Sunday’s pick six covers the sixth through 11th races on a program that begins at 2 p.m. Pacific. Post time for the first pick-six race is 4:35 p.m.

As of Saturday morning, there was only one early scratch in the pick-six races – Bornatthetrack in the sixth race, for 2-year-old maidens over 5 1/2 furlongs.

There are two stakes in the pick-six sequence – the Adoration Stakes for fillies and mares over a mile and the Del Mar Derby over 1 1/8 miles on turf.

The Adoration Stakes, the seventh race, is led by the multiple stakes winner Briecat, the 3-1 favorite on the morning line. Miss Mittagong, third in the Grade 1 Santa Margarita Stakes at Santa Anita in March, is another contender at 7-2.

The Del Mar Derby is the ninth race. The Maryland shipper Howe Great starts from the outside post and is a 7-2 lukewarm choice on the morning line. The stakes winners My Best Brother, Midnight Crooner, and Old Time Hockey will merit support.

Todd Elliot More than 1 year ago
here is your winning ticket.. click all on all the races,,, good luck, i promise you will win
George Lemel More than 1 year ago
I think it can be hit today, but it's going to take a TVG size ticket to do it! No small ticket could know this off today, although I will be trying with my real ticket, but here's a $144 TVG type ticket that may take it down 1,10 / 4 / 1,2,4,9 / 6,7,8 / 4 / 2,5,7 I had to share this winning ticket with all my new unknown friends, LOL!!!! Good luck to everyone at Del Mar today! Everyone can thank me later for this winning P6 ticket and if TVG wants to know, I am available for full time employment!!
Todd Elliot More than 1 year ago
GEORGE,, I can tell you right now you will lose,,,
Todd Elliot More than 1 year ago
I think george went home in his underwear if that
[removed] More than 1 year ago
This comment has been deleted
Todd Elliot More than 1 year ago
kara means this if u you want to go into prostitution
Todd Elliot More than 1 year ago
there will be another carry over..
Patricia Houser More than 1 year ago
Sure hope so. I'll be on it Wednesday if there is. :)
George Lemel More than 1 year ago
You better be there tomorrow, because it might not last to Wednesday!!
David C More than 1 year ago
I made 5 of 6 with $12, missed the third leg.. this is my 6th ticket cashed with 5 of 6 this season at DMR, my ticket was 1-9-11/10/14(missed)/8/4/2-11... Good Luck today.
Jack More than 1 year ago
I wish they would make this BET a $10.00 minimum, that way the RICH Boy's can really go at it. Every time it carries OVER there would be CHASING 5 Million. Race tracks would TAKE their 25% and it won't SUCK the LIFE out of the SMALLER player's.. Management PROMOTES the LIVING Hell out of the Pick-6, Now it's time to KICK it up a NOTCH..