07/08/2016 5:01PM

Bernier: How I'll play Belmont for Saturday, July 9


The Stars and Stripes Festival at Belmont Park on Saturday features six graded stakes, highlighted by the two Grade 1’s for 3-year-olds on grass – the Belmont Derby and the Belmont Oaks. Mother Nature looms as we inch closer to the card, with the forecast calling for a 30 percent chance of showers in the afternoon (let’s hope that the percentages are in our favor and we land in the 70 percent chance of no showers region). Here are some races and specific horses I’m looking to key.