10/03/2013 4:26PM

Belmont Park pick-six carryover $485K into Friday

ELMONT, N.Y. - Another day, another pick-six carryover at Belmont Park.

For a third consecutive card, the pick six was not hit at Belmont Thursday, creating a carryover of $485,964 into Friday’s program.

There are 10 races on Friday’s card, so the pick six does not begin until race 5 (2:58 p.m. Eastern). Five of the six races in the sequence are scheduled for the turf. There is no rain in the forecast so the turf should be firm.

There was a carryover of $165,205 entering Thursday’s card and an additional $562,787 was wagered into the pool.

Many tickets were dead immediately when Seven Dreams ($37.80) upset the fourth race. Favorites won the next two legs - Ultimate Shopper ($5.80) and Dance With Gio ($6.70) - before Jack’s R Wild ($27.40) and Bluegrass Springs ($12) eliminated any remaining live tickets.

Scoria ($11.80) won Thursday’s nightcap, holding off 21-1 shot Sycamore Lane by a neck and making for a consolation payout (5 of 6) of $8,909. Had Sycamore Lane won, the consolation payout would have returned $106,919.

mikey More than 1 year ago
Fire all the reporters and trash the stories.Only print the pp's.The stories are not much info that we don't know.We can get the form for free on line, but still like the paper(OLD SCHOOL).Fire the reporter's just the pp's.Read this fast before the DRF remove's it.
Gunner More than 1 year ago
When did Horse Racing become "The Sport of Tightwad Whiners"? Maybe people should just go to that web-site and try to make $189.00 an hour from home. The decision has been made and, if you use DRFBets and/or DRF Formulator, the odds are good that you qualify for a DRFPlus membership. For Free! And if it's for free it's for me, I always say. Regardless, once the $5,500,000.00 check clears from that Ugandan bank the point will be moot. Good Luck!
Michael Castellano More than 1 year ago
Since DRF customer that joined before this week cannot read the crummy articles, you are wrong unless you just joined. See you on NYRA or Twinspire.
Boyd Cord More than 1 year ago
you want a pick 6 carryover. use a lot of 20K claiming turf races and 10-20k maiden races. carryover virtually a lock. I generally avoid those races.unless I see a 10 to 20-1 shot... and I expect to only hit one of those so the P6 is out of the question.
Philip Conforti More than 1 year ago
I've always had DRF plus but to charge for reading the articles is wrong. I just stopped my DRF plus acct.. What ever extra revenue they think their generating is nothing compared to the ill will their creating.
I agree & if they see enough comments & not enough people paying for DRF bets then they might change their decision.
I'm not happy about the changes on DRF.com They also changed the packages of PP's they sell. I was able to buy an annual subscription of 20 cards now they will only be good for 3 months on my next purchase. Not cool. I know Steve Crist is no longer in control of DRF but I would like his opinion on this.
Michael Castellano More than 1 year ago
Every betting customer that joined DRF before this week is being denied access to most articles. A very dumb and greedy move. There's too much competition to get away with this. Like buying the form everyday and betting thousands with them is not enough to read their racing industry propaganda.
[removed] More than 1 year ago
This comment has been deleted
Boyd Cord More than 1 year ago
Brisnet steers you off horses. Brisnet presents incomplete information in the summaries. Their avg speed is inaccurate as they only use EXACT DISTANCE figures. so they just throw out races for their own reasons. funny how many times the Horse they rule out not worthy of summary stats wins the race. Sickening. I've argued with Brisnet on several occasions about tthe accuracy of their summary data. One other thing, they throw out too many indicators I only use their PP Data files and make my own figures from that. That works very well. I'll spend the money to do that rather than use the PP they give away for free
james hallal More than 1 year ago
charging for articles that generally contain very little incisive content is a farce. drf does no investigative reporting and are basically puppets for the various racing venues that they cover. perhaps steve crist can devote one of his blogs towards this subject.
prose More than 1 year ago
James, that's not a fair statement at all. The DRF has printed Andy Beyer's column for years and he is EXTREMELY critical of every aspect of the racing industry from the onerous take-out of the tracks (including their ridiculous breakage) to the drug malfeasance of the crooked trainers.
michael More than 1 year ago
andy writes about one every three months and no longer about supertrainers. drf is on first name basis with pletcher and others. almost zero investigative, the man is rjfht.
Michael Castellano More than 1 year ago
DRF obviously made a board room calculation to get more business by charging for content, despite the general history of this being a failed move for web sites. Perhaps their finances are in bad shape? In any case, I have already switched back to NYRA, at least that will keep the money I lose in my home state. I'm sure DRF won't lose any sleep about it. Their loss, however. Money is money, even if it's not a lot of money.
wolves More than 1 year ago
although I can access DRF Plus with my Form subscription, I find it revolting that DRF want to charge for news articles....shame on DRF