- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Wednesday 9/25 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 7 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (48 - 100 / $170.00): CRUISINCAMPER (4th)
Spot Play: SEA ART (5th)
In a very inconsistent field full of breaking trotters (6) S V SPIRIT adds lasix for the first time and looks to be heading in the right direction after flashing some talent early. (2) BAILEY'S WISH filly probably has the most ability in the race but comes off a break. If the 2-year-old minds her manners she's probably the horse to beat. (7) VIENNA is another trotter who is very fast but prone to miscues; threat.
(2) ACES AGAIN freshman pacer was the drivers’ choice and looks to be facing much easier after shipping back from Hoosier. (4) BIG TURN ON well bred colt came up empty last out but does get a good driver change. (1a) CHOCOLATE CRACKERS was also facing much tougher out east but might need a start to get acclimated to the track; command a price.
(7) DON'T MISS A TWEET well bred 2-year-old filly faces older but looks to lay over the field on paper and just needs to stay trotting for the victory. (8) NIDAROS three-year-old is zero for ten on the year but finds a really bad field besides the top choice. (9) NESSIE'S BOY trotter adds second time lasix and might be ready to show improvement off a start he needed.
(10) CRUISINCAMPER filly has a very high ceiling and doesn't look like the outside post will affect her that much. (4) WINGS gets a huge driver change and had a lot of pace late last out. (7) FOX VALLEY ROCHER three-year-old filly has yet to reach her potential but did pace a personal best mile last out.
(3) SEA ART four-year-old stallion kicked home nicely in his career debut and was the top drivers' choice of three. (5) CHEYENN SHARK 2-year-old gelding has a good record at the fair circuit and raced gamely last out on the big track to an opponent who has won two straight impressively. (7) MR DARCY Indiana bred has been moving in the right direction since the barn change and raced better last out than his line shows.
(5) LAZURUS sophomore trotter has blossomed late in the season but didn't like the tough trip on the sloppy track last race. The 3-year-old will be tough to beat if he can avoid an early battle for the lead. (3) FANCY LABEL mare has raced big in her last few starts and is one of few threats to the top choice. (4) I'M A POP STAR well bred filly made a break last out but might be ready to take the next step forward; threat.
In a weak and inconsistent field (3) FOUR HOUR NAP was the top drivers' choice and takes a big drop in class. (1) PARKLANE DESIRE well bred filly draws the rail and will be firing early but lacks stamina late; use underneath. (4) ONE LOUD DING filly has just been racing evenly but might shake loose late after saving some ground.
(3) ANTS INER PANTS mare has the ability to beat this field with a good effort. (5) WHIT well bred stallion was a game winner in his first start back off a long layoff and should be much better second start back. (9) ITZ ALIVE might be a good candidate to hit the ticket at a price and is one of the sharper trotters in the race.
(6) MJ'S SISTA filly does take a slight bump up in class but is versatile and has room for improvement. (3) FOX VALLEY ISABELA filly is a grinding type of horse that usually does her best work really late in the mile and could use fast fractions up front to close into. (7) LOVERS HOLIDAY came from the clouds last race and that was off of dull cover; fires late.
In a field with few contenders (6) ZALL GOOD goes for a new barn after an easy victory and is probably going to get claimed again. (8) WOLFIES SPORTSTER drops down and is always one of the horses to beat in this class. (3) MAJESTIC ROYALE also drops down to the bottom level where he has been a force this year.
- 1.Posted 12/05/2013 01:44PM
- 2.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/06/2013 03:20PM
- 4.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 5.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM