- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Reports
- StorePast Performances
- Compare all DRF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF Classic PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- See all Pricing/Plans
Balmoral: Wednesday 9/12 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Best Bet: FRAHER HILL VICTOR (6th) Spot Play: FOX VALLEY RAINIER (5th)
(4) OLD AUNT GEORGE finds a soft field. She has been very consistent and has a good burst if used correctly; has been facing tougher. (9) SWISS LIGHTNING showed three excellent miles before the break last out. If he minds his manners, gelding could be the one to beat. (1) ELEGANT ROSIE is a 2yr old facing older, but gets a key driver change and also has good speed out of the gate. If she stays trotting the filly could be used underneath.
(7) FOX VALLEY CADBURY is my top selection since he is pacing faster than most in here. He owns good gate speed and should be forwardly placed; one of few who owns a win. (8) GET A LITTLE CRAZY was used multiple times last out; another that is pacing faster than the others. Any kind of effort like the ones a few back gets the job done. (9) DAN LOWE posted a much better effort last start while not facing a whole lot. He would need a trip and some luck. (3) BUTCH O'HARE shows no wins on the year but has been putting forth some better efforts; can't get the last part of the mile; command a price.
(8) SO SHOE ME is my top selection. She closed very well from an impossible position last out. She owns two victories on the year, and is facing less. (5) BECKY B SKIPALONG gets the nod for my second selection due to very good efforts in last two. She also owns tactical gate speed. (7) CASINO COMP might end up being the favorite. Note she had favorable posts and trips in her last two but she does get a key driver change. She could be in for a much tougher trip, with some traffic trouble. (2) DELLA BEA is an interesting 2yr old filly who has some talent, but she shows breaks. If she stays on stride she could upset in weak field.
(1a) THE ART OF LINDY is a very well bred colt who hails from a top trotting barn. He put in an excellent mile two back, and is lightly raced. He has been getting better with every start. (6) PACIFIC WAVE K is another well bred trotter from a good trotting barn. He has improved each week, and this should be no different. (3) SEMPER FIT is a consistent colt with three wins already on the year. He has a mark and experience over the oval. In a race that is wide open can't leave out. (1) CRAZED N LINDY owns the fastest mark out of the bunch, and has also shown explosive turn of foot; gets excellent post.
(5) FOX VALLEY RAINIER is a horse that always finishes up strong. With the main contenders posted outside he could get setup to break his maiden, with any kind of trip resulting in a good finish. (7) FOX VALLEY IVAN is a 2yr old that is facing older. He owns the fastest mark out of the group. He has gate speed and should be forwardly placed; serious contender. (9) JOHNATHONS SCOOTER has two good efforts in recent starts. He is only 1 for 16 on the year and doesn't own a lot of gate speed. He will have to sweep past everybody, which isn't likely. He might incur some outer flow problems as well. (3) THE SUPERVISOR is a 3yr old who's had some breaking problems this year. He could be sitting on a big one any week. He is the most talented horse in the field.
(4) FRAHER HILL VICTOR has been facing much better and is in a great spot to get his picture taken. (7) MYSTERY XPOSED owns good gate speed and has a fast mark. He should be forwardly placed and is better with a cover trip. (6) BERNICE G HANOVER is a well bred filly coming off smaller tracks. She likes to leave, and is a little more seasoned than the rest. (5) JUST FOR FUN is a good looking 2yr old that facing older. She has talent and needs a smooth trip; could be played underneath.
(5) INTELLIGENCE is a 3yr old filly that has shown monster late kick in her last two starts. She had a big win last out and the arrow is pointed upward; facing tougher. (2) SUGAR BUNNY had a miscue last out. She takes a drop in class and is in a much softer spot to get a win. If she races back to form from two starts ago, she could be the one to beat. (6) KIMBERLY R is my 3rd selection in a wide open field. She closed well last time out, and could use a good trip.
(9) WAITING AND HOPING is an enigma for bettors. She will usually either win or break at the big track. If she doesn't make a miscue she could draw off. (2) BOILER HEIDI HO took some time off and has come back sharp. She should be in line for a great trip. (6) ANIGHTWITHWILMA hasn't had much to show from a couple of decent efforts. With the better post she might get a good spot off the gate. That would improve her chances; needs more. (8) OSAGE is 0 for 28 on the year, but she flew home in last two. She would need a hot pace and some chaos to snap her losing streak.
(2) WHIT is a trotter with loads of back class. He had a much improved effort last time out, and could beat this field on talent alone. (5) FOUR STARZ KID also owns back class. Look for key a driver change to be announced; or else he's tough to endorse. Your call. He shows two breaks in a row, but just needs to stay flat to trot past these. (1) BUMBLEB'Z KANDI gets the tepid call as the 3rd selection based on his post and last two recent efforts. (7) GILLY HO is a 7yr old racing back into shape after a long layoff. He had a nice effort last start and should improve.
(4) RATHBONE N was an easy winner last out. He was claimed and is making first start for the new connections. He picks up a top driver and will be tough to beat. (1) EQUINOX SEELSTER blasted out of the gate from post 9 last time. His effort was solid. Gets some post relief and should be in line for an ideal trip. (8) GAR is an 11yr old that closed solidly in last two, will need a hot pace up front for best chance to sweep past.
- 1.Posted 05/08/2013 04:00PM
- 2.Posted 05/18/2013 06:32PM
- 3.Posted 05/18/2013 12:16PM
- 4.Posted 05/18/2013 09:48PM
- 5.Posted 05/18/2013 07:47PM