- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Wednesday 8/7 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 7 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (42 - 82 / $147.40): SCHMATIE (6th)
Spot Play: OUTLAW (8th)
Might be worth a shot to see if (2) PERFECT PROFIT is on the gate; mare has made breaks in two of her last three starts but should the lightly raced 5-year-old stay flat she would be tough to beat. (4) J M SHOWCAT three-year-old trotter has burned cash as the favorite in five straight starts but the trainer has a really good percentage at Balmoral; big chance. (6) SUNBONNET SUE well bred filly has only one win on the year but does have a big burst if timed right.
In a very inconsistent field (2) SERGEANT STRYKER makes his third start back off a layoff and just paced a nice mile against better. (4) STOP THE TRAFFIC has the most ability and just needs a good trip. (5) RIGHTONRAY came up empty last out after being full of pace the start prior. Five-year-old will be much closer turning for home in the short field.
In a race where nine out of ten trotters show a break (7) POWERFUL FORCE could win if he just were to mind his manners. (3) MONTICELLO LULU is the only horse in the field who doesn't show a break and has some tactical gate speed. (9) CASINO ROYALE filly makes her third career start and first in over six weeks but does have pedigree and talent.
(6) BOILER HEIDI HO mare has hit the board twenty times in twenty-five starts including eleven wins. The ten-year-old pacer owns this class and will be tough again. (7) SEEKIN FOR GLAMOUR didn't get around the track in Minnesota but has had success at the big track and gets sent out for white hot connections. (3) CURVACIOUS mare has turned it around in her last few efforts and has more ability than most of the field besides the top choice.
(6) JUSTICE AND FIFTH made a miscue last out but should offer a fair price and would be a huge threat if he were to stay trotting. (7) SPEEDY ALBER comes off a decent qualifier and could be sitting on a good effort. (3) WE'VE GOT IT ALL well bred filly will likely be a heavy favorite with the driver and connections despite not passing horses yet this year; use caution.
(7) SCHMATIE filly makes her second start back off a layoff and was loaded with pace last out; short price. (8) PRIVATE ASHLEY filly is more talented than most of the field and has a good chance to hit the ticket. (1) LIZZABELLE draws the rail and raced gamely last out. Filly is 0 for her career but looks to be heading in the right direction.
In a weak field (9) VAN DONK has put in solid efforts all year and drops back down in class against easier. (3) THE GORGEOUS ONE well bred stallion makes his third start back off a layoff but came up empty last out after a good first start. (4) RUSTY BUCKET gelding has been a slow learner so far but could hit the bottom of the ticket at a big price shaking loose late.
(8) OUTLAW five-year-old trotter was very impressive last out flying home from a very tough spot. A similar effort makes him tough to beat. (1a) MAD COW LISA mare couldn't make up any ground on the winner but could use her gate speed to get a good spot up front early. (1) BENNS SCORE KEEPER gelding has been very inconsistent and it’s hard to tell which trotter will show but he has the ability.
(1) ALWAYS A CHEATER draws the rail, needed the start last out, and should be charging hard late. (10) LOVERS HOLIDAY has always had a lot of ability and looks to just now be putting it all together but will need more from the ten hole. (8) ZUMBA filly makes her third start for the new connections and has been really good; threat.
In a wide open race (4) WOLFIES SPORTSTER got his second win of the year in for the tag and is right back in. (1) INFLATION HANOVER just raced evenly last out but draws the rail and has been known to put in good effort from time to time. (7) RIO'S Z TAM gelding is also not very consistent but has made the most money on the year and is versatile.
- 1.Posted 12/05/2013 01:44PM
- 2.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/06/2013 03:20PM
- 4.Posted 12/05/2013 02:15PM
- 5.Posted 12/05/2013 03:54PM