- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Wednesday 8/28 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 7 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (46-90 162.20): EVIL URGES (9TH)
Spot Play: JAMAICAN COWBOY (4TH)
(7) ALLSTAR SURVIVOR gets a big driver change in a soft field. (5) SPEEDY ALBER is a well-bred gelding that hits the board with consistency; needs some racing luck to pull off the upset. (4) NIDAROS is a nice looking filly trotter who was taken out of the race last start by a breaker. This 3-year-old has some upside in an inconsistent field.
(6) NA ZDROWIE put in a big effort off a layoff and should be sharper second time out. (3) CRUEL GIRL saved ground before kicking home for the victory. The sophomore pacer appears to be getting better with each start. Well-bred (7) ROCK GROUPIE has burned a ton of cash and will probably be bet down again; use caution.
In a weak field of green 2-year-olds, (3) MS SOLONGBYEBYE has been flashing some nice last quarters and might have found a field she can handle. (5) SUSAN SARANDUNE makes her second career start and should improve off that effort. (2) SECTIONLINE ALTO makes her career debut off one qualifier but does have some pedigree.
Indiana bred gelding (6) JAMAICAN COWBOY has been pacing some good miles at Hoosier and is facing a much easier bunch; threat. (7) METRO LAD rarely wins but always takes a ton of tote action. The pacer keeps a top driver and should be there on the wire with a smooth trip; command a price. (8) MARTZ CREEK PERRY got an ideal trip last time and stormed off cover for the victory, but would need more against these.
Nine-year-old (9) BESTNOTGETINMYWAY put in a big effort first up last out and may get a fast pace to close into; fires late. (4) JIMENYS STAR needed his last start and gets sent out by a hot trainer. (2) TUFF LONGPORT never got into the mile last out but had been racing gamely prior; threat.
(1) SCOOTNFORDAMONEY was really good last out just missing to a game winner. The pacer draws the rail and should be in a great spot turning for home. (9) BRIEF’S BOY raced very gamely last start and looks to make it three in a row; versatile. (8) RECKONING DAY wasn’t as good as the start before but should a speed duel take place early on, this could be the one to watch out for late.
(2) SOBER AS A JUDGE makes his first start in a new barn and comes off an impressive qualifier; big chance. (5) THE GORGEOUS ONE well-bred stallion was a game winner last out and actually drops back down to the bottom level. (4) MR DARCY made up a ton of ground for the new connections last out and should be closer turning for home.
(1) FANCY FREE draws the rail and has been right there on the wire in three straight. (6) ALWAYS A CHEATER came up empty after a good effort the start before but does find a really weak field. (5) MEARL FINN has only hit the board twice in 24 starts, but had some sneaky pace late last out.
(3) EVIL URGES has a ton of back-class and put in a huge effort to a nice horse last race. (8) NONVERBAL HANOVER put in a good acclimating mile last start and looks to be versatile in a race with few contenders. (7) ANTS INER PANTS has had a few issues this year but doesn’t lack in talent and if ready could get a piece at a price.
(7) FIRST TO ARRIVE was awesome last out. She finishing her mile loaded with pace once she shook lose for her first victory on the year. A repeat of that effort makes it two straight. (8) NIGHT’S ALL NIGHT also put in a big effort last out in the same race and the 8-year-old pacer needed her start. (3) SEEKIN FOR GLAMOUR circled the field before being nipped by the top choice; threat.
- 1.Posted 12/11/2013 03:00PM
- 2.Posted 12/10/2013 02:23PM
- 3.Posted 12/10/2013 02:25PM
- 4.Posted 12/11/2013 03:32PM
- 5.Posted 12/10/2013 07:22PM