- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Wednesday 7/24 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 7 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (39 - 76 / $138.00): ROCK GROUPIE (2nd)
Spot Play: HOT ROD RILEY MAE (3rd)
(4) SNEAKY filly made a break last out as the favorite but has shown the ability to trot a lot faster than field if she minds her manners. (3) I'M A POP STAR high priced yearling put in a good first start and has a lot of potential. (1) STIRLING BOMBER three-year-old trotter has yet to hit the board but did put in a much better effort last out.
(7) ROCK GROUPIE can't handle the turns at Maywood and should be much better at the big track. The well bred filly faces older but has the most upside in the race. (6) PRIVATE ASHLEY races inconsistently but does have the talent to pace a fast mile; needs a trip. (2) PARKLANE DESIRE filly comes off a really nice qualifier after making a miscue. The filly also possesses a lot of pedigree and could be sitting on a big effort.
(10) HOT ROD RILEY MAE mare owns back class against most of the field and just needs to find a way into the race. (4) RECOLLECTION gelding is on the comeback trail after an injury. The 4-year-old makes his third start back off a long layoff and should show some improvement. (7) BLUEBIRD JAMAICAN gelding has a ton of ability but might need a start after a few issues.
(3) FIRST LADY'S Z TAM comes out of a hot barn for first time starters; big chance. (2) CUZIMALEGEND out kicked the top choice to the wire in the qualifier and should be ready for a big effort off the bench. (4) CRUISINWITHMYBABY filly also looks to have some talent; threat.
(3) BIG CHOCOLATE impeccably bred stallion has the most ability in the race but tends to race sporadically week to week. (1) BENNS SCORE KEEPER gelding dominated wire to wire down in class last out and a similar effort puts him right on the wire. (5) B FLY MCQUEEN mare has come back really good after a layoff and could upset with the right scenario.
(7) BOILER HEIDI HO was brutalized into a fast half and still raced gamely all the way to the wire. The 10-year-old mare has been dominating this class all year. (1) KIMBERLEY R are set a new life mark last out but benefited from a blistering pace; threat. (2) HAZEL MAY mare just raced evenly last out and would need much more to pull off the upset; use underneath.
(8) LOVERS HOLIDAY mare owns only one win on the year but is racing competitively and finds a soft field. (5) WALKINTHEMOONLITE mare has been racing gamely in her last few and could use a breather up front for her best chance. (7) SAND TARYN mare needs to be closer turning for home and that could be the case in the short field.
In a very weak and inexperienced field (6) GOLDEN NUGGET makes his first start in a new barn and has flashed some talent. (4) TICKLE MY FANTASY one of the few horses to hit the board in his last few starts; threat. (7) MR DARCY three-year-old colt had put in a few good efforts before coming up empty last out but could get a good spot off the gate.
(7) TAXMAN well bred gelding raced big last out and needed the start; big chance. (5) LAZURUS gelding probably has the most upside in the race and gets a good drivers change. (9) FANCY LABEL mare has a lot of ability and adds lasix for the first time.
(1) BLUERIDGEVALENTINO gelding is hard to gauge as he has had some tough racing luck in his last few but takes a big drop and gets the rail. (7) LOOK MA NO HANDS gelding has just been racing evenly but finds a very inconsistent field. (2) LARRY'S PLACE gelding finally gets post relief and will be firing late; command a price.
- 1.Posted 12/10/2013 02:23PM
- 2.Posted 12/09/2013 01:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/10/2013 02:25PM
- 4.Posted 12/10/2013 01:46PM
- 5.Posted 12/10/2013 01:42PM