- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Wednesday 7/17 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 7 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (37 - 73 / $128.20): VAN DONK (8th)
Spot Play: EL SHOOTER (7th)
(5) VIENNA two-year-old trotter has a lot of talent and dominated last out. Filly just needs to mind her manners for two in a row. (3) SV SPIRIT was no match for the top choice last out but looks to have some upside in a field of freshman trotters. (2) FOX VALLEY METRO gelding has stayed trotting every start which is something most of the field can't say.
(7) FANCY LABEL put in a really nice effort last out used hard early and holding on gamely late; threat. (3) SOUTHWIND METALLIC well bred trotter is a model of consistency and hasn't missed the board the entire year. (5) LAZURUS lightly raced trotter has a ton of talent and could win with a good trip.
(4) ALWAYS TALKING freshman pacer makes his pari-mutuel debut off a really nice winning qualifier. (1) MARZY BEARZY well bred filly has improved with each start and gets the best post; big chance. (3) HELLO MY DREAM is another good looking filly who makes her debut off a good first qualifying effort.
(6) SNEAKY kicked off cover nicely last out to spring the big upset. Three-year-old filly would win with a similar effort. (3) MONTICELLO LULU mare doesn't have much to show for her efforts this year but the 4-year-old does try hard every start. (2) KELSEY'S STAR filly has come up empty and three straight but finds a really soft field; command a price.
It's extremely tough to pick against (3) BOILER HEIDI HO as the mare has dominated this class winning a bunch in a row easily; short price. (4) KIMBERLY R mare was flying late last out off of dull cover but would need some racing luck to upset the top choice. (8) FREE PARKING BEHIND went a very big trip last out to pull a huge upset; fires late.
In a really wide open trotting event (2) OLYMPIC JEWELRY should offer the right price, draws the best post, and will be firing late. (3) B FLY MCQUEEN mare has come back off a layoff sharp and is definitely one of the horses to beat. (1) BENNS SCORE KEEPER gelding trotted a big mile last out after just racing evenly in his last few; versatile.
In a bad-looking field (8) EL SHOOTER took a few weeks off but qualified nicely and could pull the upset with a smooth trip. (4) LOVEDANCINWITHYOU gelding has a lot of speed but refused to come to the gate last out. Three-year-old has a big chance if he minds his manners. (7) METRO LAD gelding has been a huge disappointment for the connections so far just racing evenly in every start, however he does keep the top pilot in a very weak field.
(3) VAN DONK gelding had no excuse last time getting beat by a very average opponent. The 4-year-old appears to be pacing much faster than the entire field and should win with any kind of second quarter breather. (5) FOX VALLEY ANDY needed his last start and made up some good ground late. Gelding has some upside and could be the only threat to the top choice. (9) RING A DING DONG gelding could get a piece late if he stays pacing; use underneath.
(1) RUBYS AND PEARLS drops in class, and picks up a huge driver change. (3) HOT ROD RILEY MAE also takes a good drop and owns a touch of back class against these. (6) RECOLLECTION could be the sleeper in the race as he needed his first start off a very long layoff.
In a very tough race to handicap (2) ZAMBRANO drops in class and faces significantly easier. (6) IVE GOT THE KEY gelding is versatile and shown a good late burst the last part of the mile. (8) JOVIAL JOKER N thirteen-year-old pacer put in a good effort last out and could hit the ticket at a huge price with another good effort.
- 1.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 2.Posted 12/08/2013 09:52AM
- 3.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 4.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM
- 5.Posted 12/08/2013 06:53PM