- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Wednesday 6/12 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 7 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (31 - 59 / $107.20): HE’S SHORE TAN (6th)
Spot Play: EXPLOSIVE MUSCLES (1st)
(1) EXPLOSIVE MUSCLES well bred gelding put in an impressive qualifier, draws the rail, and looks to be ready for a big effort off the bench. (4) HIGHLY ELEGANT filly raced gamely from a tough post last out and appears to be moving in the right direction. (3) LAZURUS good looking 3-year-old makes his career debut off a winning qualifier; threat.
(3) GREEN VALEY two-year-old filly has put in two nice qualifiers and looks to have some talent. (4) LINDA ON MY MIND filly kicked home nicely in her qualifier and picks up the top driver. (2) SMASHING SAMANTHA two-year-old pacer gets a good post and also kicked home nicely in her qualifier.
(8) EASY RICHESS filly takes a big drop in class and will be firing early. (9) SKYWAY MODEL filly got roughed up last out after being used aggressively. Three-year-old just needs a smooth trip to be there on the wire. (3) STEPHIE CLAY mare is 0 for 46 in her career but has hit the board a lot this year; use underneath.
(7) MY MARISA CLAIR three-year-old filly got trapped in behind bad cover before using a big rally to just miss. (6) MJ'S SISTA filly got the jump on the top choice last out and will offer low value but is improving. (8) MISSCOMMUNICATION nice looking filly pacer comes off a scratch but would be a huge threat if she's healthy.
(1) DAGOTA mare exploded home last out when she shook loose late, draws the rail and should offer some value. (5) BECKY B SKIPALONG looks to be the obvious choice in the race taking a huge drop in class; short price. (6) ALWAYS A CHEATER mare was awesome last out going a big trip first up but doesn't always race consistently.
(8) HE'S SHORE TAN gelding was very impressive getting the victory wire to wire last out and he has a ton of upside. (3) VAN DONK gelding put in a superb first start of his career and if he races back to that effort you can't leave him off the ticket. (5) BEACHSIDE BUNGALOW gelding appears to be tailing off after flashing some talent. Three-year-old just raced evenly last out but had been sharp prior.
(2) STYLIN SEELSTER well bred mare has won two straight in this class showing different dimensions in both; threat. (8) KIMBERLY R mare has two excuses in her last two. Last out she was saddled with a bad post and the start before she was broke into. (6) NIGHT'S ALL NIGHT eight-year-old comes off a scratch but probably didn't need to race off a three day rest anyway. Mare has been putting in good efforts and would be a threat to hit the ticket with a similar one.
(6) FOX VALLEY ANDY gelding makes his third start back off a layoff and finds a spot to do some damage. (10) SPILL THE BEANS well bred stallion was pressed very hard last out or it would have been a winning one. Four-year-old needs to find a way into the race but looks to be more talented than most. (2) ELIJAH'S JET gelding draws a good post and drops back down to a level where he can be competitive.
(8) GAWAIN NOURRIR well bred trotter made the most money last year, comes off a solid qualifier, and picks up the top driver. (5) BIG SKY REVENUE amazingly went from empty to awesome last out and would be a huge threat if he races like that again. (2) OLYMPIC JEWELRY mare has been trotting consistent miles and just needs a smooth trip to be in the money.
In a very tough group to handicap each week (1) NJ'S FAST FLETCH made up a ton of ground late last out and draws the rail. (4) IVE GOT THE KEY gelding makes his first start for the new connections and has raced very competitively in this class. (7) TOBINS FORTUNE five-year-old gelding shook loose too late last out but has put in two good efforts in a row.
- 1.Posted 12/10/2013 02:23PM
- 2.Posted 12/09/2013 01:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/10/2013 02:25PM
- 4.Posted 12/10/2013 01:46PM
- 5.Posted 12/10/2013 01:42PM