- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Wednesday 5/8 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 7 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (24 - 45 / $84.80): TWILIGHT DELIGHT (7th)
Spot Play: BS EMILY SAILOR (1st)
(6) BS EMILY'S SAILOR three-year-old closed from a tough spot off a very slow half and seems to be getting better with each start; threat. (2) BEACH'S NICK drops back down to the bottom condition and makes his third start back off a layoff. Gelding has a great starting post and should get a great trip. (5) ROCK MY HART well bred three-year-old made a break last out before flying home making up a ton of ground late.
In a very tough race to handicap (7) BESTNOTGETINMYWAY should offer a lot of value and at least has some victories on the year. (3) JIMENYS STAR gelding has just been racing evenly and would need an ideal trip but might be in a decent spot turning for home. (6) ROCKET DOG last two efforts have been much better and he would just need a repeat of those efforts to hit the board.
(5) MY COVER GIRL well bred filly is lightly raced but has shown good speed so far. The 3-year-old has tired late in both her qualifier and first start off the layoff but could be ready for an improved effort in a very suspect field. (1) SOUTHWIND MATALLIC is also a very well bred 3-year-old who comes off a winning qualifier and three straight seconds to start the year; adds first time lasix. Gelding has the best post and should be right there on the wire. (7) HAPPY BALANCE gelding has yet to pass anybody this year but could be a factor late in the mile with the right setup especially in a field with few contenders.
(4) SCHMATIE filly had an excellent first start to her sophomore campaign and looks to have a lot of upside off that effort. (1) MRS WEST ONE mare looks to be going in the right direction and draws the best post in an evenly matched race. (9) EASY RICHESS filly got the victory last out but that was off a perfect trip. Three-year-old does have talent but would need more; command a price.
(7) JERRICO well bred gelding has turned it around on fast tracks and should be ideal conditions here as well; improving. (1) MONOPOLY MAN gelding was sharp last out almost gunning down the top choice. Three-year-old draws the rail and would be a huge threat with a repeat of his last effort. (6) BEACHSIDE BUNGALOW three-year-old pacer has showed consistent late kick and just needs the leaders to mix it up early for his best chance; fires late.
(7) CELEBRITY HERCULES likely to offer better value than his main rival and put in a huge effort at Hoosier last out. (6) GEORGE'S VACATION ten-year-old stallion is razor sharp right now and just set a career best; drivers choice. (1) CLEVER UPSTART nine year-old trotter was vicious last out repelling all challengers with something left, however this is a huge jump in class and the top driver opted off.
(2) TWILIGHT DELIGHT looks to be a short price off a game second to an impressive winner. Mare makes her second start in this class and would win easily with a good effort; short price. (4) GIMMEAZZZMOOCH has progressed nicely over the last month winning handily on the lead last out after getting soft fractions; use underneath. (1) TRIPLE LANE MELODY three-year-old Indiana bred showed a lot of talent last year but is making her first start off a long layoff and could need one.
(7) BOILER HEIDI HO mare always seems to be right there on the wire and has more ability than the field but will be a short price; use caution. (4) MONEY RUNNER is taking a significant drop in class and had she not been scratched in her last probably would have been my top choice. (2) MIND ERASER mare gets a good post and has shown the ability to kick home late.
(1) NEW ZION five-year-old trotter is dropping in class, gets the best post, and looks to be trotting fastest of all. (7) MAD COW LISA mare raced awesome last out just missing to a game winner and could be the only threat to the top choice. (8) SUPER SONIC FLASH gelding showed a lot of class last year winning more than half his starts. Six-year-old is making his first start of the year off some nice qualifiers but could likely need a start.
(1) IVE GOT THE KEY gelding was a game winner last out kicking by everybody late. Seven-year-old is making his second start for new connections and just needs a good trip. (8) DUCKY T FRA six-year-old raced gamely in his last few but is now posted outside and will have to work harder to get in the race. The pacer should still be considered a threat in evenly matched and inconsistent field. (3) REAL DESIRABLE just missed last out and should be in a great spot turning for home; big chance.
Hey Bml, When are you going to request Thoroughbred dates to put that big track & one mile chute to work?
- 1.Posted 12/10/2013 02:23PM
- 2.Posted 12/09/2013 01:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/10/2013 02:25PM
- 4.Posted 12/10/2013 01:46PM
- 5.Posted 12/10/2013 01:42PM