- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Wednesday 4/24 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 2 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Five Pool
Race 7 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (23 - 40 / $82.00): RYLEIGHS FILLY (8th)
Spot Play: POWERFUL SPEED (9th)
(2) BECKY B SKIPALONG mare doesn't look to have much competition and is racing gamely; short price. (7) KID ANNETTA mare looks to be racing for second but has shown excellent improvement in her last few showing a nice brush. (6) MCDANCE DESIRE four-year-old mare has just been racing evenly but finds herself in a very soft field.
(3) JAMAICAN COWBOY well bred colt has shown good late kick on the end of his miles and is now making his third career start; big chance. (8) BLUE MINT gelding put in a good effort on the sloppy track and is now making his second start for the top trainer. (7) BEACHSIDE BUNGALOW lightly raced colt put in a huge effort first over racing gamely; improving.
(10) BEHOLDEN ON should offer a huge price and if the gelding can stay flat would be a threat. (9) ANNIVERSARY PARTY gelding showed a big brush to the leaders but was racing out in the three and four path. If the 4-year-old can get a fast pace up front to close into he could be dangerous. (6) ALL THE SAME gelding put in a nice first effort off a long layoff and could be sitting on a good effort.
(7) FIVE STARS QUEEN talented filly looks to have come back off the layoff sharp easily winning in a nice qualifier but could need a start. (8) STARLANA mare didn't look like much on paper coming into her last race but was heavily bet and showed a good move; threat. (6) ARTS-ROCKSTAR mare races inconsistently but does have one good move in the mile.
In a race I consider to be the most difficult to handicap on the card (1) BLUERIDGE FINANCE draws the rail, needed his last two efforts, and makes his third start for a new trainer. (4) NJ'S FAST FLETCH gelding made up a ton of ground late last out and actually finds himself in an easier field. (9) JIMENYS STAR has just been racing himself back into shape but has been known to put in a huge effort out of nowhere.
(4) MELT IN YOUR MOUTH well bred trotter was a game winner at Hoosier last time beating a game opponent and should offer a nice price in a fairly wide open field. (7) GEORGE'S VACATION ten-year-old stallion has been trotting consistently and almost rallied for the victory late last out; fires early. (1A) BENNS SCORE KEEPER is coming on strong and has been gaining confidence quietly; threat.
(5) JERRICO gelding has raced terrible on the sloppy tracks and I wouldn't pick him if I thought it was going to be a bad track again. The 3-year-old has a great pedigree, already flashed talent, and should offer a nice price after two lackluster efforts. (1) READY gelding put in a decent effort but couldn't make up any ground off a perfect trip. (4) YOUMAKEMEWANADANCE three-year-old pacer appears to be improving with every start and could be in line for a ground saving trip.
(8) RYLEIGH'S LILLY filly was loaded with pace late even after being rough a couple of times; short price. (2) ROSIES DELIGHT filly didn't like the off track last out and has more to offer than her lines show. (3) TERRORABLE filly needed her last start after taking a short break and has hit the board consistently.
(3) POWERFUL SPEED gelding broke behind the gate last start at a short price. Six-year-old has a ton of back class and appears to be ready for a good effort should he mind his manners. (2) MISCHIEVOUS JESSE five-year-old also made a miscue last out but appears to be trotting faster than most. (5) KATIE RYAN mare was awesome last out firing three wide off dull cover from far back to get the victory but now faces tougher.
In a wide open race (9) GAME BELIEF should offer value coming off improving miles for the top trainer. (7) LARRY'S PLACE gelding as also been on the improve digging in gamely against the top choice last out. (3) IVE GOT THE KEY seven-year-old came back nicely after the scratch and could have a bit more to offer with the right trip.
Hey Bml, When are you going to apply for thoroughbred race dates? Put that big track & mile chute to good use!
- 1.Posted 12/08/2013 09:52AM
- 2.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 3.Posted 12/08/2013 06:24PM
- 4.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 5.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM