- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Wednesday 3/6 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 7 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (14 - 23 / $50.00): MYSTIC KARISSA (3rd)
Spot Play: OUTLAW WILD THING (7th)
(1) UNIVERSAL DREAM N veteran pacer put forth a decent effort last out, draws the rail, and appears to be facing an easier bunch. (7) ROCKET DOG gelding finds a soft field and looks to be pacing faster than most. (9) OLIVER BROWN seven-year-old is saddled with the worst post but will probably fire early for position.
(6) OLD AUNT GEORGE mare has the most talent in a very inexperienced and suspect field. Four-year-old is making her third start back off a layoff, however she has been prone to make breaks; use caution. (1) POWERFUL ANTHONY lightly raced gelding makes his 3-year-old debut and comes off a decent qualifier. (4) MONTICELLO LULU mare should be considered a threat if she minds her manners; fires early.
(7) MYSTIC KARISSA impressive looking filly exploded home in her career debut against the same bunch and could probably spot the field a head start and still win; short price. (10) JUXTAMOONLITKISS mare raced a game second to the top choice and looks to have some of the kinks worked out. (5) TERRORABLE well bred filly made up some ground late but couldn't close much on the top two choices; use underneath.
(5) KITTY O'BRIEN mare has had a bit of tough racing luck lately but always tries hard; fires late. (8) FOX VALLEY LILAC six-year-old mare seems to do her best work late and could use some honest fractions up front to close into. (6) FOX VALLEY VISTA mare looks to finally be back in racing shape after a layoff and looks to be versatile in a weak field.
(5) ROCK N JAM gelding just missed last out making up good ground late and should be much closer turning for home. (4) CRUISINTHECIRCUIT lightly raced gelding got his first win last out and should improve. (6) POMME CHAUD gelding made a break last out but looks to have some upside in a soft field.
(7) MY MUSCLEMAN gelding came back off the layoff razor sharp and should only improve. (6) HERBIE L gelding is racing better than his lines indicate and should offer a good price. (3) MELT IN YOUR MOUTH well-bred gelding exploded home when he shook loose late and really showed an extra gear. Should a speed duel take place upfront watch for the 4-year-old to trot up a storm late.
(1a) OUTLAW WILD THING has been racing gamely and looks to be versatile in a soft field. (1) RATHBONE N gelding had a really tough trip last out before being impeded late. (6) SEAWIND GAMBLER gelding never got into the mile last out but had been racing gamely prior.
(4) NO FEAR NO DOUBT gelding makes his third start back, finds a weak field, and put in a huge effort last out. (6) TRIGGERHAPPY HERO gelding seems to do his best work very late in the mile and needs a fast pace up front to close into. (3) BLUE MINT lightly raced 3-year-old gelding has improved every start and should be no different here.
(1) SQUONK gelding raced gamely last out overcoming poor cover and faces a similar field. (8) THE PADRE well-bred gelding was a game winner last out and has lots of room for improvement. (2) KK'S BANDIT mare draws the best post and looks to be in line for a good ground-saving trip; fires late.
(3) PARK LANE SUE mare got blocked in the stretch before unleashing a wicked late kick to fall just short; short price. (5) RICHERTHANRAYNO mare never got into the mile last out but gets a good stalking post and should be much closer turning for home; versatile. (2) CASINO COMP mare has put in two outstanding efforts in a row and gets a good post.
- 1.Posted 12/05/2013 01:44PM
- 2.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/06/2013 03:20PM
- 4.Posted 12/05/2013 02:15PM
- 5.Posted 12/05/2013 03:54PM