- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Wednesday 1/9 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 7 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (2-3 / $9.60): WAITING AND HOPING (1st)
Spot Play: DARN SHOCKING (9th)
(9) WAITING AND HOPING has been dominating this class using two moves effectively; short price. (5) RICHERTHANRAYNO takes a step up in class but has flashed some talent. (2) PICKAPLACETOPARK just raced evenly last time out but looks to be in a good spot to get a piece.
(4) FOX VALLEY ROCHER brushed past the leader in the stretch last out before letting up. Three-year-old filly has talent and should be considered a threat. (6) CEE CEE'S DELIGHT filly looks to make it three in a row and shows versatility. (5) CHARIOTS AFIRE lightly raced filly showed a good burst of speed last out which bodes well for her second lifetime start.
In what I consider to be the toughest race to handicap on the card (7) DAGKAR has two decent efforts since the scratch. (6) NEVERENDING STORY hasn't raced in a month coming off a scratch but finds a very suspect field. (3) TOWNLINE WATT'S UP gets a good post and should be in line for a ground saving trip.
(10) SUMMONS very small colt is saddled with the worst post but needed his last start and is probably more talented than the field; second time lasix. (4) JONATHONISOOT is 0 for his career and has just been racing evenly but might not have to get by many. (9) UPBYFIVE doesn't seem to want to pass horses which is a problem. Four-year-old gelding will need to float for position to hit the board.
(4) FEEL LIKE DANCING filly has put in two excellent efforts and should improve; adds first time lasix. (5) DALLAS JONES has now won two straight starts showing good closing ability in both; short price. (2) OUR MISS KRISTI makes her debut of a real nice qualifier.
Trying to look for some value here has landed me on (1) HAZEL MAY, who has the best post and shown good late kick recently. (4) ANIGHTWITHWILMA put in a game performance last out and just needs to ration out her speed. (7) BOILER HEIDI HO always an odds on favorite and needs a trip; command a price.
(4) ALLUSIVE ANNIE mare went a deceptively good mile last out and gets a much better post. (7) MS RAQ N FLASH mare has been knocking on the door and could use a hot pace up front to close into. (1) WALKNINTHEMOONLLITE mare flew home last out when she shook loose late. Seven-year-old gets the best post, has won two straight, and should be in line for a good trip.
(5) ITZALASSI mare never fired last out first start off the claim, but was sharp prior. (9) KITTY O'BRIEN gets a bad post but has been sharp; fires late. (2) DISLOCATED finally got a victory in a very weak field. Mare gets a good post and could be in line for a ground saving trip.
(2) DARN SHOCKING mare drops back down to a class she can handle and has been racing gamely. (3) ONLYTHEYANKEEKNOWS made a miscue last out but was an easy winner in this class prior. (4) MOON BAY DANCER mare has more talent than she has shown and looks to be finally be back in racing shape.
(3) BURSTING BLAZE gelding has been dominating this class recently and may still offer some value. (5) OUT OF MY HANDS was sent down the road at Maywood last out; fires early. (10) WESTERN DEAL gelding is saddled with the worst post but is versatile and sharp.
- 1.Posted 12/11/2013 03:00PM
- 2.Posted 12/10/2013 02:23PM
- 3.Posted 12/10/2013 02:25PM
- 4.Posted 12/11/2013 03:32PM
- 5.Posted 12/10/2013 07:22PM