- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Sunday 9/8 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 7 - $25,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (46 - 93 / $162.20): LB’S ALAMERICANJOY (7th)
Spot Play: DABESTLEADEREVER (9th)
(3) KING MUFASA the winning streak continues by a disqualification. The sophomore trotter is the real deal and will be tough to beat. (1) FOX VALLEY CAMO gelding is in a great spot to hit the ticket and should save some ground before shaking loose late. (8) SEMPER FIT has been off for almost six weeks and might need a start.
In a prep race for next week where the top nine qualify (6) TROT FUDGE SUNDAE has been getting outkicked to the wire every start but could hit the top spot with a good trip. (3) SARA THE SPY filly has the best late kick of all but could save something for next week. (1) LITTLE MS CHRISSY filly is one half of a very powerful entry and draws the rail; threat.
(8) POWERFUL POE could be the only threat to the top choice and will be firing early. (3) SKYLINE ROAD quite possibly is the best 3-year-old in the state if he stays trotting; use caution. (2) POWERFUL VALOR three-year-old was a game winner last out and has had a great year but would need much more; use underneath.
(8) TAMARAC SASSY with only the top three making the final you can expect some fireworks off the gate but she will be tough to outsprint early and is in the softest of three elims. (3) FOX VALLEY ABSOLUT has raced big in the last two races and has some back class to call upon; vulnerable late. (7) HOSTESS LISA mare has been sharp and faces a touch softer than what she's been facing.
(7) MYSTICAL VICTRESS rides a four race win streak into the elims and will look to bully her way to the front early; short price. (5) FOX VALLEY TOUCHE with only three making the final expect the classy pacer to use her best weapon which is her blazing gate speed to put her in line for a good trip. (1) KATE THE GREAT is coming into the race sharp, draws the rail, and will look to make the final late; use underneath.
(2) JUST BY DESIGN mare is really sharp right now and should have her nose on the wire with a smooth trip. (1) LETS GO HIGHER could be over bet off that last effort which looks giant on paper, however the 5-year-old pacer has a tendency to race much better out East than the Midwest. (6) FOX VALLEY MATINEE not the most consistent horse but has talent and should be considered a threat.
(6) LB'S ALAMERICANJOY could be a force to reckon with and looks to have more in the tank making his third start back off a long layoff. (8) ST DAVID HANOVER gelding raced gamely last out just missing. I like the 7-year-old pacer's chances way better if he fires off the gate with the top choice. (4) OLD MAN RIVER could be rounding into form off his last effort but would need someone to mix it up with he leaders early for his best chance.
(10) J M SHOWCAT nice looking trotter was picked off late but is reunited with the top driver; fires early. (3) SOUTHWIND METALLIC well bred 3-year-old comes off a layoff and finds a week field. (7) JUSTICE AND FIFTH gelding owns a good burst but needs to show more early.
(7) DABESTLEADEREVER raced better than his line shows after being far back early on; threat. (1) HEATH gelding draws the rail and takes a big drop in class. (2) STAMPED BY DESIGN races better when forwardly placed and gets a good post to fire early.
(8) BLESSING STONE well bred gelding gets sent out for a trainer who does really well at the track. (4) METRO LAD could have gained some confidence after his first win of the year but is usually over bet; use caution. (6) EL SHOOTER put in a big effort last out to a game opponent. The 3-year-old pacer could use a smooth trip.
- 1.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 2.Posted 12/08/2013 09:52AM
- 3.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 4.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM
- 5.Posted 12/08/2013 06:53PM