- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Sunday 9/29 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 7 - $25,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (48 - 100 / $170.00): SCHMATIE (9th)
Spot Play: JUSTINE’S PRIDE (4th)
In a weak field (1) GABBY REI draws the rail and kicked home nicely in her first start at the track. (5) HIT BY LIGHTNING well bred 2-year-old has pedigree and the top driver going for him. (7) SUSAN SARANDUNE filly has flashed some ability and faces much easier; threat.
(8) BIG BAD BOB drops down to much easier competition and just needs to find a way into the race; big chance. (9) PHOTO SURPRISE stormed past a really nice opponent last out but will need to float for position for his best chance. (3) NINO MARINNO has a convincing win in a very bad field full of breaking trotters.
(5) SIMPLYIRRESISTIBLE well bred 2-year-old was used very aggressively last out before tiring. The freshman pacer will be up front early and should be able to outlast the field with a second quarter breather. (10) ODDS ON ALPHA three-year-old has some upside, picks up the top driver, and flashed a good burst of speed in her only Chicago try. (4) SMALL TOWN CHARMER lightly raced filly would need more to hit the top spot; use underneath.
In an extremely wide open race on paper (5) JUSTINE'S PRIDE should offer a great price and just needs to race back to her last few efforts at the track to get a big piece. (2) BECKY B SKIPALONG races better at the big track and gets a great post to save some ground. (1) BOILER HEIDI HO mare couldn't keep up on the last turn but did fly home late; command a price.
(8) AMERICAN EMPRESS filly trotted a big mile in the final last out and might be ready to get her second win of the year. (10) TOUR HALL two-year-old is saddled with the worst post and faces older but does have the best late kick in the race. (7) MACK'S GOLD BAND three-year-old trotter may have not liked the sloppy track last out and has some ability.
(5) BEACH'S NICK four-year-old needed his last start and went a big trip. (1) VAN DONK gelding has been progressing nicely and made up a ton of ground last race despite lagging the gate from an outside post. (6) JUST ENOUGH has been racing much better recently but hasn't been able to break through with a victory; use underneath.
(7) FEEL LIKE DANCING filly has had a great year and faces a much easier field than she's been accustomed to. (4) THANK YOU DOC after winning the Super final her 2-year-old year its been all downhill but just like the top choice faces much easier. (3) RYLEIGH'S LILLY is the sleeper in the race because she has the speed and talent to pull the upset in the right scenario.
(3) BRIEF'S BOY four-year-old didn't get out in time to catch the winner last out but has a good history of winning in this class. (1) RECKONING DAY three-year-old was a razor sharp winner last race and a repeat of that effort probably makes it two straight. (2) BIG CUZ gelding has some physical issues but does have the speed if he stays pacing.
(9) SCHMATIE looks to lay over the field on paper and I can't find anybody that can pace with her late. (3) OSAGE despite stopping badly last out after being used hard, the mare would hit the ticket with a smooth trip. (10) HEREIAM COOLWATER mare has a good history at the track and is faster than most of the field.
In a very inconsistent field (6) ZALL GOOD should offer a better price than his last and hopefully puts up a better fight late. (5) LARRY'S PLACE gelding was an easy winner last out but is hard to gauge from week to week. (2) IVE GOT THE KEY seven-year-old pacer hit's the board at a good percentage; use underneath.
- 1.Posted 12/10/2013 02:23PM
- 2.Posted 12/09/2013 01:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/10/2013 02:25PM
- 4.Posted 12/10/2013 01:46PM
- 5.Posted 12/10/2013 01:42PM