- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Sunday 9/15 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 7 - $25,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (48 - 96 / $170.00): BET ON HIM (10th)
Spot Play: BANDS DEE DEE (1st)
(3) BANDS DEE DEE gets a big driver change, adds lasix for the second time, and has the fastest mark in the race. (10) SWAN LIFE TO LIVE two-year-old trotter faces older and is saddled with the worst post but does have ability. (9) SO PHOTOGENIC made a miscue as the heavy favorite last out. The nice looking 3-year-old makes his second start in a new barn and is a threat if he minds his manners.
In a race with few contenders (1a) BEST MAN HANOVER has the most back class, keeps the top driver, and is versatile; short price. (6) LENNOX BLUE CHIP well bred gelding is likely the only threat to the top choice and would need an ideal trip to get the victory. (3) MAJOR MONET veteran pacer has a ton of gate speed and will be in line for a great trip up front close to the pace.
(10) TE'S ZENYATTA has had some tough draws lately but could be a threat late with honest fractions up front. (1) SLEAZY DOES IT looks to be a heavy favorite, gets the rail, and faces much easier. The four-year-old mare could be vulnerable late despite the weak field. (6) INDIAN CREEK KATIE gets a good driver change and has been putting in some decent miles.
In a wide open and inconsistent field (8) BIG CUZ is a tough call because it's a very suspicious drop into a claimer. The gelding has shown a big engine and probably lays over the field on talent. (4) RIGHTONRAY gelding doesn't win very often but has recently stepped his game up; command a price. (5) WOLFIES SPORTSTER four-year-old has a good late kick and should be much closer turning for home.
In a nice stakes race for trotters (6) SHOW STOPIN MONKEY has the most talent and faces a soft field. (1) BANDS ZEPHYR three-year-old draws the rail and has been trotting some fast miles; threat. (4) BAND SLAM gelding made a break last out but had been showing improvement all year.
(1) EXTRAVAGANT ART sophomore pacer gets a good post, is reunited with the top pilot, and could have the ability to step up and keep his win streak going. (6) MATT THE BRUISER scoped sick in his last start but should be much better and has a lot more in the tank if healthy. (7) FOUR STARZZZ Z gelding drops out of the invite and gets away from some good pacers; threat.
(2) SHAX five-year-old can really fly late but needs to have the right setup in the race. (4) COME N BET IT is another stone cold closer that could use fast fractions or a good outer flow. (8) ELKHORN DAMIEN has won two straight but will have a much tougher task and will offer little value.
(6) DABESTLEADEREVER was sent down the road last out in this class just tiring a bit late; big chance. (3) OLD MAN RIVER has not been able to get the job done in this class recently but is one of few contenders in the field. (2) GIANT SCULPTURE ships back in from out east and should offer a great price; use underneath.
(4) TIA MARIA HANOVER mare faces much easier than her last few and gets sent out for a hot barn. (5) OSAGE mare makes her third start off a long layoff, will offer a big price, and really blossomed before being shut down for a few months. (8) MISS PAT WEISAR mare has only one victory on the year but is sharp right now and will hit the ticket with a good effort.
In an intriguing race with lots of question marks (4) BET ON HIM looks to be finally back in racing shape and the drop in class could be exactly what he needs to get it going. (3) DARTH BADER Indiana bred has a nice pedigree but has also had a hard time getting going this year. Three-year-old has a lot of speed and should be in line for a good trip. (1) MORTAL COMBAT pacer draws the rail but has come up empty in his last two efforts.
- 1.Posted 12/05/2013 01:44PM
- 2.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/06/2013 03:20PM
- 4.Posted 12/05/2013 02:15PM
- 5.Posted 12/05/2013 03:54PM