- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Sunday 8/4 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 7 - $25,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (41 - 80 / $143.80): THANK YOU DOC (7th)
Spot Play: FOX VALLEY ABSOLUT (9th)
(1) PERFECT PROFIT trotted a big mile last out and just needs to stay trotting for a victory. (3) I'M A POP STAR well bred filly has a lot of talent but is still green; command a price. (2) DON'T MISS A TWEET two-year-old trotter makes her career debut against older but has the look and pedigree to make some noise.
In a wide open race (8) CELTIC DIVA needed the start and just missed from an impossible spot. (1) MJ'S SISTA filly draws the rail and raced gamely last out. (5) FOX VALLEY ISABELA drops in for a tag and faces much easier.
(4) HELLO MY DREAM well bred filly is just learning how to race but is full of potential and keeps the top driver. (5) DAVE'S SKYSCAPER gelding has just been racing evenly but has been improving slowly; threat. (3) DOZER has a lot of early gate speed that should put him in a good spot turning for home.
(4) SOUTHWIND METALLIC gets a big driver change after a miscue last out; threat. (10) FANCY LABEL went a big effort in her last start and just needs to work out a trip to hit the board. (3) FOX VALLEY LEGEND gelding has been progressing and finds a very soft field full of question marks.
(3) BLUERIDGEVALENTINO drew off down in class, needed the start, and faces the same field; short price. (2) IVE GOT THE KEY gelding comes off a scratch but finds a field full of few contenders. (9) DUCKY T FRA six-year-old stallion has went some tough trips holding gamely; fires early.
(1b) KING MUFASA gelding is a trotting machine having won seven of eight starts and looks to keep on rolling. (1) POWERFUL POE is a great partner to have as he draws the rail and will be firing early. (2) SUPERSONIC FLASH is on a bit of a roll himself having won four straight starts but would need more to pick off the top choice.
(1a) THANK YOU DOC super night champ from last year hasn't come back for her sophomore campaign like she would have hoped but has shown some signs recently of turning it around. (8) INTELLIGENCE mare makes her third start back off a long layoff and should be a live long shot. (1) KISS ON THE LIPS filly just missed last out but now faces a much tougher field.
(2) RECOLLECTION made a miscue last time as the heavy favorite. The 4-year-old trotter will be tough to beat if he minds his manners. (1) KK'S BANDIT mare races inconsistent but does draw the rail in a soft field. (5) LAD'S LEGACY is very sharp right now and comes off a nice victory.
(6) FOX VALLEY ABSOLUT mare owns all the back class and needed her last start; threat. (7) EXCELERATED SPEED draw a line through her last start as there were some equipment issues. The 3-year-old faces older but does have some speed and talent. (2) EDITA HANOVER mare made up a ton of ground late and should be considered a threat down in class.
(9) TALENTED SHOOTER hasn't had a start in a month but does have some upside in the race. The trainer also has them ready even off of layoffs. (4) COME ON JO-JO has come a long ways since he first started racing and is need of a smooth trip. (3) FOX VALLEY MALONE benefited from a fast pace last out but keeps showing the ability to step up; threat.
- 1.Posted 12/08/2013 09:52AM
- 2.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 3.Posted 12/08/2013 06:24PM
- 4.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 5.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM