- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Sunday 8/25 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 7 - $25,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (46 - 88 / $162.20): HE’S LUCKY (6th)
Spot Play: TRIGGERHAPPY HERO (7th)
(5) WIRELESS adds lasix for the second time and finds a very suspect field. (7) CARMENS A VIRGIN filly put in a really nice effort at Hoosier last out and will probably be firing early. (4) HANDN HAILEYLCB comes off an improved qualifier and has a shot to hit the ticket in the short field.
(6) JUSTINE'S PRIDE four-year-old mare needed her last start and just missed. The connections have done well with horses coming back off layoffs and with any kind of improvement she would be in the money. (2) FOX VALLEY LILAC mare drops back down to the bottom condition and looks to be an overwhelming favorite but is beatable. (1) RJ'S IRISH LASSIE mare draws the rail and has put in some nice efforts in her last few.
In a weak and inexperienced field full of young trotters, (7) KISS ME IM LOADED has breaking issues but could be faster than the field if the gelding minds his manners. (1) CARDINAL WIND two-year-old faces older but really turned it around in his last effort. The young trotter has a lot of potential. (10) SO PHOTOGENIC well bred filly gets a good driver change, flashed gate speed, and finds a bad field.
(2) SWEET SHOW BIZ five-year-old trotter makes his second start back off a long layoff and trotted a good mile in his first try. (3) MY FUNKY FARKLE mare made a bad break last out and is 0 for the year but does have some ability in the short field. (1) EARTHQUAKE ERNIE gelding put in a really nice mile against much better but the 5-year-old has trouble staying trotting; command a price.
(6) BIG ZIPPER three-year-old filly has put in a solid season so far, needed her last start, and faces a much easier bunch than what she's been racing against. (1) KATE THE GREAT mare is inconsistent at times but looks to have found a good spot and will be charging hard late. (5) PARK LANE CRYSTAL four-year-old pacer has just been racing evenly but could hit the board at a big price in a field full of question marks.
(4) HE'S LUCKY gelding was tenacious last race almost beating a game opponent and will be tough to beat with a similar effort. (3) FANCY LABEL mare was a game winner last out but will need more to get by the top choice. (7) SOUTHWIND KEAN well bred trotter showed a good burst last out and should benefit from the short field.
(1) TRIGGER HAPPY HERO four-year-old pacer has been much better in his last two efforts, draws the rail and should offer a fair price. (5) COME ON JO-JO three-year-old never got into the mile last out but had been racing gamely prior; versatile. (4) JPS MINI ME closed up nicely before being scratched last time; adds second time lasix.
(3) LADYBONES mare goes for a red hot barn and got the job done against better the start before. (8) REV ME UP mare will probably be a favorite despite the morning line, however the classy pacer has had trouble finishing her miles; vulnerable late. (9) WHISTLE PIG mare was off her game for a long time but seems to be back on the right track and should be considered a threat.
(2) BOXED CHOCOLATES well bred filly was a game winner last out and gets a much better post than her main rival. (5) SIMPLYIRRESISTIBLE filly also has a good pedigree and a lot of upside in the race; improving. (10) PARTY HANGOVER TWO filly has been razor sharp in her last two efforts but is saddled with the worst post.
(6) ARCH VILLAIN gelding drops all the way down to the bottom claimer; if the 6-year-old stays pacing he would be a huge threat. (9) WOLFIES SPORTSTER gelding has the best late kick in the field and just needs some honest fractions up front to close into. (3) IVE GOT THE KEY seven-year-old was impeded in his last effort and taken out of the race but the two starts prior were good.
- 1.Posted 12/05/2013 01:44PM
- 2.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/06/2013 03:20PM
- 4.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 5.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM