- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Sunday 7/7 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 7 - $25,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (34 - 68 / $117.80): VAN DONK (5th)
Spot Play: YOUMAKEMEWANADANCE (9th)
In a very bad race that finds a field with few contenders (1) SUNBONNET SUE is a well bred filly who draws the rail and looks to be trotting fastest of all. (4) FLYING HIGH is another well bred 3-year-old that looks to have talent and just needs to stay trotting. (6) FOX VALLEY YAVONNE lightly raced filly was a game winner last out but will have to work harder to get into the race.
(1) LOVE THIS PLACE mare is in career form and her last mile was unbelievable exploding home off of dull cover. Seven-year-old finds a tougher field but it wont matter if she paces like she did a week ago. (3) MYSTICAL VICTRESS mare is racing gamely but not up to the level of last year. (5) PARTY HANGOVER three-year-old Illinois bred champ has had a tough time coming back at four. Mare could use some fast fractions up front to close into.
(2) TRAFFIC COP well bred 2-year-old gets a good post and comes off an excellent first pari-mutual start. (1) MADNESS AND MAYHEM first time starter comes off two very nice qualifiers and is definitely a big player in the race. (7) R DUNESHINE two-year-old gelding was all but out of the race before making up a ton of lengths late and should only improve in his second start.
In a 2-year-old trotting event that could literally see any horse win (5) BANDS PIPPA has at least improved in two straight. (2) BAILEY'S WISH filly makes her career debut and doesn't show any breaks in her qualifiers which makes her a contender. (7) HIGH BALANCE made a miscue in the qualifier but has just as much chance as anyone in the race and will offer a huge price.
(2) VAN DONK takes a huge drop in class and should steamroll this field with any kind of decent effort. (8) FOX VALLEY ANDY is the other standout in the race but does come off a scratch sick. The 3-year-old gelding has flashed some talent and is the only threat in the race to the top choice. (5) ALL CASH has just been racing evenly but does find a very suspect field besides the top two choices.
(2) MAPLEGROVE SHAELYN classy trotter is dropping in class and just needs to mind her manners for a trip to the winners circle. (4) CLASSY CHASSY mare is a clear-cut second choice despite being 0 for the year. Ten-year-old has a ton of gate speed and will be up front early. (8) ITZ ALIVE gelding is also 0 for the year but has been trotting up a storm late.
(7) LATEST DESIRE well bred colt was unleashed late in the mile in his first start back as a sophomore. The 3-year-old colt stands out and should be even sharper second start back. (6) EXTRAVAGANT ART is another well bred 3-year-old that has been getting better with every start. (8) A GOOD TIME TO ROCK has responded to being in a new barn and has the best pedigree in the race.
In a very soft field (7) ONE LOUD DING has been pacing faster than most of the field and will be up front early. (8) EASY RICHESS filly has come up short in her last few efforts but doesn't have much competition. (10) MIGHTY EMILY is saddled with a bad post but could easily hit the ticket with a good effort.
(7) YOUMAKEMEWANADANCE was an easy winner at Maywood last out that saw the second place horse come back and win easily; threat. (2) RING A DING DONG gelding makes his second start in a new barn and just needs to stay pacing for a good chance. (6) BELL VALLEY ART gelding has just been racing evenly but finds a much easier field than his last few.
(9) OUR MISS LILLY well bred filly was lights out last start and with any kind of repeat effort would dominate. (3) EDITA HANOVER seven-year-old mare has some talent and with her best effort would be a threat. (8) SAND TARYN mare has just been racing evenly but does find a mostly inconsistent field.
- 1.Posted 12/05/2013 01:44PM
- 2.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/06/2013 03:20PM
- 4.Posted 12/05/2013 02:15PM
- 5.Posted 12/05/2013 03:54PM